First Build, how do these parts look?

Wait change out the case, thats the old version of the Antec 900. Get the Antec 902 V3, its updated version dont get the old one! I have this one and its awesome, its going to have better cable management.
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case

PSU I highly recommend you the Corsair Pro series, they are modular and have a high quality finish.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 (CMPSU-650HX) 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

You need a 64-bit OS to use the 8GB RAM, 32-bit will limit you to about 3.1GB. Everything else looks good!

Fantastic! Thanks!

Why would he get a 32-bit if hes getting 8GB of RAM? A 32-bit OS wont be able to use all 8GB. He needs 64-bit.

That's what I thought, but then I read a few articles and forums about how some applications aren't compatible with 64 bit, and 8gb of RAM is unnecessary. What're your opinions on this?

Fantastic! Thanks!

That's what I thought, but then I read a few articles and forums about how some applications aren't compatible with 64 bit, and 8gb of RAM is unnecessary. What're your opinions on this?

Some say 4GB is enough or 6GB (triple channel memory setups on the old i5's and i7's). By now the 64-bit technology is more mature so there wont be any problems and especially if you get windows 7 Pro 64-bit has a compatible mode of running things that arent compatible with Win 7. Just moved to 64-bit came form 32bit Vista, and the only issue I found that there is no linksys drivers for my network card. But theones that windows assigns work great.

So if you get the minimum 4GB with a 32-bit OS, you will only use 3.1GB, get the 8GB and get over with it. It will leave you headroom, and you will multitask better. 8GB is becoming more standard now, 12GB or 16GB would be overkill.

Some say 4GB is enough or 6GB (triple channel memory setups on the old i5's and i7's). By now the 64-bit technology is more mature so there wont be any problems and especially if you get windows 7 Pro 64-bit has a compatible mode of running things that arent compatible with Win 7. Just moved to 64-bit came form 32bit Vista, and the only issue I found that there is no linksys drivers for my network card. But theones that windows assigns work great.

So if you get the minimum 4GB with a 32-bit OS, you will only use 3.1GB, get the 8GB and get over with it. It will leave you headroom, and you will multitask better. 8GB is becoming more standard now, 12GB or 16GB would be overkill.

Ok, thanks :D

Good I would just get a modular PSU, there awesome with cable manegement and will look overall cleaner and provide better airflow. Get the one I recommened its worth the extra $20.

Back
Top Bottom