Drivers

DrShmoogle

Solid State Member
Hey there
I'm building my own computer, and I was going to install Windows 7 (OED), but then I read how OED doesn't come with drivers (or something).

I'm rather inexperienced, so what does this mean, and how can I fix it?

Thanks
-DrShmoogle

You have an OEM Win 7 package as in not shrink-wrapped in the commercial box? Or is it an installation disc for a specific brand of commercial computer (such as Dell)?

If the former, then you have a full version of Windows, though you will likely want to install the drivers that come with your hardware (download the latest from the manufacturers website rather than use the ones on the disk that came with the hardware).

If the latter, then you will run into problems trying to install windows on a non-specific platform (in other words, a Latitude install disc will only install Win on a Latitude computer).

For the record, most systems you'll be installing drivers anyway, even systems such as the Latitude. Some, or even all of the hardware in an OEM system may require a separate driver CD or drivers downloaded from the internet. It's not a big deal really.

drivers shouldnt be an issue for you, you can always go to the manufactors website and download from there if you do not have the cd

Back
Top Bottom