Building a PC??

yea thatd be brilliant! would like to compare the two, what would be your personal choice?
thanks, ill take a look at this now

Well seems like you're not doing that much gaming, and using AUTOCAD so it seems you will benefit more from the 6-core but im not sure comparing it to the i5 since it OC's nicely (someone correct me if im wrong). The i5 2500k is a Quad-core, and its really overclocable easily 4.5GHz with low voltages.A very fast chip everyone loves it, basically its better for gaming then the AMD 1100Thuban. Its your choice if you want me to price you an intel system, I am a little biased towards intel right now the i52500k is at a killer price and its blazing fast.

Let me look up some benchmarks using autocad see which one would be faster :)

well farming simulator is what i really want the destop for, also to run autocad abit, i dont do much 3d on autocad...its mostly 2d so im not really sure if i need that much to run it, surely it would take less to draw in 2d than for 3d rendering etc? i was gonna buy a prebuilt pc but thot i might aswell build my own for the same price that would be more powerful, also learn abit more and something that you can upgrade in future! at the minute im really trying to find out what is best for the money i would be paying!

Check out the benchmarks.

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

Seems the i5 is faster at almost everything, again I am not trying to sway you if you really want the AMD 1100T get it. My buddy has it and its a good processor, just showing you more options.

yea really looks better...its a hard choice! would it be possible for you to prepare a setup like earlier with the i5? just so i could see which would be better!

And it will be even faster if you OC it, its really easy now. There is even an Auto OC feature on the new ASUS mobos, tried it got to 4.38GHz then I did my manual OC to 4.5GHz. i5's OC a bit better than my i7 2600k.

Let me switch out some parts and ill list the build. Your budget is strictly 600 or can you stretch out a bit? i5 is slightly more expensive but I can adjust it too 600.

yea i can stretch it, hopefully not by too much lol just whatever you think is reasonable? extra hundred or more if you need it! lol

Only switched out the CPU and Mobo, total goes to £654.60. I could modify video card, to keep it under £600. Let me know, but for this this is a stupid fast system; and very upgradable the mobo has tons of slots and SLI/Crossfire ready. You can also throw an aftermarket cooler for £27 and OC this baby to 4.5GHZ. I think you will be happier with it than the AMD build.

Let me know if you wanna change it to a specific price. Im just posting this for yo to spend a bit mroe and get the most of everything.

CPU - Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor £163.31
Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Mobo - Asus P8P67 PRO New B3 Rev Motherboard £134.22
Asus P8P67 PRO New B3 Rev Motherboard (P67 chipset ATX, Intel?s 1155 Socket, USB 3.0/Sata 6Gb/s, Bluetooth & Digi+VRM ): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Memory - G Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL 8GB DDR3 £46.05
G Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL 8GB DDR3 (1333MHz,Cas 9): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Video Card - Asus nVIDIA 3D GeForce GTX 560 £139.99
Asus nVIDIA 3D GeForce GTX 560 Direct CU Graphics Card (1GB, DDR5): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Case - Antec 300 £50.75
Antec Three Hundred Midi Case: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

CD/DVD Drive - ASUS DRW 24B3ST - Disk drive - DVD±RW £19.82
Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: ASUS DRW 24B3ST - Disk drive - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - 16x/16x/12x - Serial ATA - internal - 5.25" - black

HD - Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive £44.50
Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache 7200RPM – OEM: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

PSU - Corsair CMPSU-600CX 600W £55.96
Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: Corsair CMPSU-600CX 600W Power Supply

yea id be happy with that! i might go with this system, if the graphics card is good enough then id be happy to pay the money for it? also if i went with this system could i install soundcards and cooling systems etc after a period of time? im thinking that if i get it up and running at that then i could upgrade little bits and pieces over time when my bank balance looks abit better! lol is that possible or should they be installed when im building it?
thanks for taking the time to do all this btw :)

Good choice, the graphics card is great. If you wanna save I can get a cheaper one, or if you wanna get over with it get the GTX 560Ti it offers best bang for your buck. Since you dont do that much high end gaming I could get you a cheaper one, i dont wanna leave you broke hehe. But it is addicting once you play gaming with eye candy on :D

Yeah for sure you can add on a sound card, even a second Video Card for SLI.There are tons of expansions on the mobo, i have it myself its great. Cooling system and what not after a period of time. No not at all! You can upgrade whenever you want. After it you can throw an after market cooler and OC the crap out of the processor.

This one is nice and cheap: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Back
Top Bottom