Countryside is lovely and all...

hpefully this site isnt to slow for you will all the speed improvements weve made over the last few weeks.

Mine's not quite as bad but still pretty slow compared to most.

1412828310.png
1412831771.png

Notice the grade?

What part of the countryside you in? Is this back at your parents house, or are you on holiday?

Funny thing is, about 10 years ago I'd have loved a 256K connection... weird how things change.

Peak district - fortunately I'm on holiday, I don't think I could live with a connection like this permanently!

I'd be able to put up with that sort of connection but only if there were other things in the area to do other than use the computer. I originally came from using a 22k dialup internet which I had to share with 3 computers both other people gave themselves internet priority over me so needless to say I failed a lot of assignments in high school because of it.

I'd be able to put up with that sort of connection but only if there were other things in the area to do other than use the computer.
It's better than nothing, but there's a lot of things that I could never do / would take an impractically long time with a connection this slow - one being SVN commits that contain large libraries (and I've made a fair few of them recently!)

I originally came from using a 22k dialup internet which I had to share with 3 computers both other people gave themselves internet priority over me so needless to say I failed a lot of assignments in high school because of it.
Moot point, but did the school not have computers you could use? I went through most of it with no connection at all at home and that's what I had to resort to using.

Either way, yes, there are other things to do around here - well, mainly walking and geocaching. I'm not sure that'd keep me permanently entertained though..!

... so what are you doing on the internet then? ;)

I'm a geek through and through, but when I go on vacation/holiday, I unplug myself completely and enjoy what I'm doing. But that's just me. ;)

A few reasons really, after long walks in the day bumming around online is a nice way to relax for me! And apart from long walks, there's not really an awful lot else to do at all :p Practically speaking as well there's a few potentially important emails that might be coming through this week, and if they do come through it'd be beneficial to reply sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom