Which Ram Card Is better?

It depends greatly on the system. Most laptops you cannot, but there are some that allow you to. The best way is to try opening the system cover and see if you can locate the CPU. Usually they're in an easy to reach location if you can replace it yourself. If not, then you'll know. ;)

There IS a way for you to tell users to "back off" privately, it's called "leave reputation". Same can be said when someone leaves you a helpful post (you can post positive or negative feedback)

Do you have the exact model name of the system, or can you install a program like Speccy (Speccy - System Information - Free Download) and then post the output file? I can interpret it (or you can) and get a better idea of what the system is capable of.

At the moment I am at work. When I get home I will download the software and post the output file. Thanks again.

No problem. If I don't post tonight, I will tomorrow. There's also a few other folks here who are happy to help as well, as I'm sure you gathered.

og this is what the program gave me.

Summary
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40GHz 35 °C
Penryn 45nm Technology
RAM
7.89 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
LENOVO 2242CTO (None) 37 °C
Graphics
ThinkPad Display 1280x800 (1280x800@50Hz)
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Hard Drives
244GB Western Digital WDC WD2500BEVS-08VAT2 (SATA) 30 °C
7.83GB SD Memory Card (SD)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU10N
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD

Weird. I haven't run into any C2D DDR3 systems before, but there it is. The research on the motherboard in that unit confirms it.

You're also running a 64 bit OS, so you'll have no problem running 4+GB of RAM.

Should be ok to go, and your photoshop/editing programs will thank you for the extra space. Don't expect immediate changes if you never really filled up the RAM before, but all future projects will definitely scale into that added RAM nicely.

Back
Top Bottom