Major CPU issues even after changing OS

Shirn

Beta member
First time I posted about my problem and I had it for a very long time possibly related to me trying to overclock my laptop, I'm running a toshiba laptop with 2.2ghz processor, specs can be found here Satellite L450D-11X - Product Specifications - Toshiba I have changed the OS to run ubuntu thinking it could be a driver or software problem but it seems nothing has changed maybe even got slower than originally intended maybe because I put it from a x64 bit to a x86 bit. Just trying to get all the variables I can fit in on this post. I'm finding that the CPU is slowing to so much that from running simple tasks like browsing through chromium and firefox my internet is stopping and making me unaware of it doing so and also maxing my CPU from simple tasks as previously stated. I'm thinking it could be a hardware issue seen as the computers been completely flattened to change the OS. I have done a visual check on the components inside my toshiba and from what I can see it looks like nothing has burned out or anything although I'm not really knowning what im looking for.... Any advice given would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Liam

Try the following to discharge and reset your laptop first.

Please remove all removable parts like DVD, exteral USB device(if any), remove battery and unplug the AC adapter, then press the power button over 15 seconds do not let go.
Then, connect the AC adapter only and power on the laptop again.

This is just some basic steps in troubleshooting laptops.

Of course, more steps are needed if this does not correct the question.

Hope this helps!
Bill
Tech Manager

I tried all of the above and nothing helped, I also noticed (I say noticed but its hard to miss) my wireless internet keeps dropping out every minute or so which is a pain in the arse, didnt happen on windows just ubuntu. Any further advice would be much appreciated thanks

Back
Top Bottom