Help on rebooting dell desktop

hobby_guy

Baseband Member
Hi i try and reboot the computer when it flash "Dell" and when i put "Ctrl + F11" it doesnt do anything it just goes dark and it say "NTLDR is missing" then on the bottom tells me to press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart and it goes back to the flashing Dell with the top right corner is saying F2=Setup n F12=Boot Menu then i try the "Ctrl + F11"... and it repeats it self and i dont know anything about computer so i dont want to mess with F2 or F12 any help if the computer could be save... Thanks in advance. :D

Check your hard drive to make sure the connection from your motherboard to the hard drive isnt loose. If it is okay then your operating system is done. Basically NTLDR is the NT loader or the boot loader. If NTLDR is missing then your boot files are missing.

Ok thank you Vardeeg and the hard drive is connect it, and with that being said do i need to send it to dell or is it total trash... or what other thing could be.

Im sorry usb3.0 what those that mean i dont really know about computers... How can i change the BIOS to compatible.
Thank you usb3.0

If everything else fails as a final attempt to save it I would fromat hardrive and re-install os. But you'll loose everything on your computer then.

Just remembered that I had this problem quite a while ago. If you are running Windows XP then you can try doing the following:

1)Turn on the computer and put in the windows xp cd
2)if it dosen't start from the cd restart the computer and press F12, then choose the cd/dvd drive
3)Once in the cd (youll know the screen will be blue and there will be writing on it) press "r" to go into the recovery console.
4) Select you xp installation
5) Type in your administrator password and press enter
6) Type fixboot and press enter
7) Type fixmbr and press enter
8) Take the cd out and restart computer

Back
Top Bottom