Sooo fed ex F***ed my computer..

sina131

In Runtime
Hey guys pretty pissed now because i was moving nd shipped my computer with Fed ex and it has FRAGILE all over the box i have no clue how they managed to rip the stock CPU cooler from the heatsinks and the fan. ( i have the i7 920) The case also got like ripped sort of and my p6t mobo also got dents all over its heatsinks from the cpu cooler being tossed around. Luckily i took my gtx 570 out before i shipped it xD. on the bright side i got 600 bucks for the damages :). But anyways sob story over haha. So im looking to upgrade my proccesor, mobo and case. soo i want the best of the best (haha im like that) the i7 2600k. and im wwant a pretty good mobo for the proccesor. and im also looking for a new full tower case. ( i had the cooler master scout sniper and i hated it, the drive bays kept collapsing it was just a mess). im looking for a mobo for the 2600k and a nice full tower case

Old system:
Intel i7 920 2.6
asus p6t
Cooler master scout sniper.

New system:
Intel i5 2500k
Mobo??
Case??? ( I heard the Antec DF-85 is nice nd it looks really cool with greate airflow) (Budget for case is 200 or less)
ram 2x4gb sticks??

Edit: I just realized that the socket for the motherboard type for the 2500k is 1155 which means its only dual channel mobos. I used to have triple channel shld i go with a cpu (like the i7 950) and mobo that supports tripple channel?

Never ship with a heatsink on. Not everyone reads fragile. Always ship with as many parts taken out as possible so they can be individually wrapped inside of the box or the case.

As for the case either the haf-x or haf-932.. Look into both on newegg. I had a small review on each but accidently hit the back arrow on my mouse when i went to post. I use the 932 and love it. One size fits all.

Never ship with a heatsink on. Not everyone reads fragile. Always ship with as many parts taken out as possible so they can be individually wrapped inside of the box or the case.

the computer was covered in foam and everthing even packed extra bubble wrap..... and i just realized the mobo is bent because the back panel is not aligned anymore...

the computer was covered in foam and everthing even packed extra bubble wrap..... and i just realized the mobo is bent because the back panel is not aligned anymore...

Wow, now there's something that's hard to do. They bent a motherboard inside a case with all of that protection... wow...

Actually, not too difficult - I've seen it many times sadly. If one or two of the screws gets unscrewed and the board can move around, it'll flex and bend in whatever orientation that it can during transit. But the original advice holds true, always disassemble a PC and pack the components individually (even if you ship them all in the same box - i.e. take apart, wrap, and place in a peanut/bubble wrap filled box and then seal that and ship that) so that this doesn't happen. :(

sina13 said:
Edit: I just realized that the socket for the motherboard type for the 2500k is 1155 which means its only dual channel mobos. I used to have triple channel shld i go with a cpu (like the i7 950) and mobo that supports tripple channel?

Triple channel was a gimmick, and a selling point by Intel. Their new 1155 CPUs don't need the bandwidth that triple channel RAM afforded them, the i7 2600 (and even the i5's) for example can outperform the i7 920 easily with a "mere" dual channel setup. The extra channel isn't necessary.

Actually, not too difficult - I've seen it many times sadly. If one or two of the screws gets unscrewed and the board can move around, it'll flex and bend in whatever orientation that it can during transit. But the original advice holds true, always disassemble a PC and pack the components individually (even if you ship them all in the same box - i.e. take apart, wrap, and place in a peanut/bubble wrap filled box and then seal that and ship that) so that this doesn't happen. :(

Triple channel was a gimmick, and a selling point by Intel. Their new 1155 CPUs don't need the bandwidth that triple channel RAM afforded them, the i7 2600 (and even the i5's) for example can outperform the i7 920 easily with a "mere" dual channel setup. The extra channel isn't necessary.

Then i guess only servers would benefit from triple and quad channel?

Back
Top Bottom