Which best monitoring tool?

We use Cactus and Nagios together on some 250 servers in 4 different datacenters. Along with a series of alert services (like the one offered by alertsite.com).
Cheers

Check out Spotlight on Active Directory if you're already doing file system monitoring. It's a pretty neat tool.

I run Munin on my home server, but if I had multiple servers, or was doing something "mission critical", then I would probably use Cacti or Nagios, because of the ability to send alerts.

Check out spiceworx! Free application that's as professional as solarwinds. Extremely good with a very professional UI and execution. After you setup all of your netbios's you'll be able to see the entire network in it's network map option. Much betetr than just ip's everywhere. :)

You may check out 100pulse.com, as they seem to be good on comparing the other monitoring service providers.. Their monitoring service is outstanding with immediate alerts once your site experiences the down time.. You may try this free website monitoring service provider...

I have tried only online monitoring services, from which the best has been hyperspin.com

You can try a single website for free, for a network of sites price varies, but having 150 servers to monitor, I would better run my own monitoring solution among those already suggested.

We use SolarWinds, which is a great tool, but also very pricey. For smaller applications, I've used SysAid which is not bad. I've also used Nagios in a med clinic I was working in, and it's also pretty good. Mind you, setting up the free servers, there's always going to be a lot of initial setup, so do your homework and be prepared to spend some time getting everything up and running.

Back
Top Bottom