belkin wireless adapter

lezliz

Beta member
Hi
i have a dual boot system xp and vista 64 bit . The system was fine when it was wired but since going wireless i can only log on to xp. could it be the belkin adapter it is quite old ,if so is it possible to purchase one which allows me to use either system.
cheers les.

hi,

can you give a little more detail.

Are you saying that since adding your wireless device that your dual boot menu has now dissapeared?
If you are now in XP, right click my computer and go to properties, click on the advanced tab and then click settings under startup and recovery, and i'm doign this from memory, click on edit on the boot loader section and it should bring up a notepad style doc of your boot menu. Paste what that says here so we can check it out.

Actually, you don't need to buy another PC, you can edit *.ini files to make two system running, after that, you can select which system to load after BIOS self-detect.

Thank you for quick reply ..... warning boot.ini is used on windowa xp and earlier operating systems. warning use BCDEDIT. EXE TO MODIFY WINDOWA VIST BOOT OPTIONS. [boot loader] time out = 30 default = multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0) partition (1) \ WINDOWS [operating systems] multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0)partition (1) \WINDOWS="xp media center edition" / NOEXECUTE=OPTIN/FASTDETECT.
cheers les.

When I read your words, I remembered ASAP, it just like this way, I did that before when I was a university student.

Thank you for quick reply ..... warning boot.ini is used on windowa xp and earlier operating systems. warning use BCDEDIT. EXE TO MODIFY WINDOWA VIST BOOT OPTIONS. [boot loader] time out = 30 default = multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0) partition (1) \ WINDOWS [operating systems] multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0)partition (1) \WINDOWS="xp media center edition" / NOEXECUTE=OPTIN/FASTDETECT.
cheers les.

Hi
vista was the os on pc when i purchased it.I had xp added later as i was having trouble with vista at the time. The dual boot ran fine when it was a wired system but since becoming wireless i can not get on the internet with vista .I wondered if it could be the old Belkin network adapter i am using, the vista is 64 bit.
cheers les,

I was just curious - a lot of the problems I had in Vista were solved with 7, even when it came to software that gave fits on Vista but ran fine on XP. Might be worth a shot to see if a friend has a copy of 7 you could borrow to test it out - if he has a retail copy, you can try it out for 30 days before activation becomes mandatory, and by then you should know if the OS will suit your needs.

I'm not saying to copy his disc or use his code, which is against Microsoft's EULA and this site's TOS, just to be clear.

When I purchaseed Thinkpad SL400, I remove Vista ASAP, then I re-install Win XP, until now, I havn't try Windows 7 yet, because I have a lot of software installed, I have no time to update it to win 7.

Hi
vista was the os on pc when i purchased it.I had xp added later as i was having trouble with vista at the time. The dual boot ran fine when it was a wired system but since becoming wireless i can not get on the internet with vista .I wondered if it could be the old Belkin network adapter i am using, the vista is 64 bit.
cheers les,

Back
Top Bottom