How do you save an OS so when you wipe your drive you can install it again?

crisler

Beta member
I am a noob with a dilemma. If anyone can help thanks. Well I accidentally stumbled upon something I al 100 percent against on my good ole 4chan board, /b/, and I want to kill my hard drive so Im using dariks boot and nuke on it. I vow never to even return to 4chan. It really pisses me off how I fell for some stupid picture that turned out to be something much different. I don't know anything about "making" a recovery disk, but I'm going to copy my anti virus, music folder, and stuff like that onto a cd. is that good enough? I dont know anything about bios and drives im guessing i get bios back when i reinstall an os and I will get online once I have my os and install drives again. But yea, how do I copy my os, is it really as simple as downloading windows 7 from the internet onto a disk and putting the disk in the computer once wiped and booting it and installing it. Long question sorry, but I need some help guys, thankyou.

If you're reinstalling why would you copy the os? That would defeat the purpose. The bios is a piece of software inside a CMOS directly on every motherboard. You don't need drivers for a bios. And it's not called drivers either, it's called firmware, just to clear up a few things. I'm not mad at you, just wanted to clear up a few misunderstandings.

If your problem is clicking a few pictures and getting some viruses just download maleware bytes, update, quick scan. That should be plenty. Also, use CCleaner to clean your cookioes, cache etc for leftover files you don't need and do a registery scan to fix any useless registery files.

If none of this answered your question or gave any help then post back with your question again and explain it in a different way. I may have misunderstood your question.

Need more info - who made the computer, what operating system is / was it using and what kind of system is it? (Desktop, laptop, etc)

Back
Top Bottom