Was Microsoft Vista Window a Failure

I think Vista was not quiet a failure but i do believe it was always an unfinsihed operating system, i think they rushed it out to keep the market happy while the real gem or windows 7 was beign developed.

When I bought my then new laptop I was so enthusiastic about having Windows Vista but after using it for a week, I found myself seeking desperately to get rid of this horrid OS until I succeeded "downgrading" to XP.

Vista was made to catch you eye with its graphics and glossy appearance but not with productivity in mind. In fact Microsoft seems to be specialized in producing more and more junk to get its operating systems running up, just comparing all the trash files that XP produces if compared with Windows 98SE.

But back to Vista, I have never tried such a slow-booting system like this regardless how many memory and system resources your computer may have, so if it loads slowly, it's was to be expecting the overall slow operation it has.

Windows ME and Windows Vista are probably the worst (and failed) operating systems ever!

I don't consider Vista a failure. ME was pretty much a fail, though.

I don't like Vista because it was designed from the bottom up to be friendly to stupid users and it made doing certain things much more difficult for power users who had been using XP for so long. Also, it gave a false illusion of security to the aforementioned stupid users by asking for permission for every little thing...

If anything, Vista seems like a beta for Win 7...

Ha :)

I though the same thing about windows xp when I moved to that.

Before I started using xp I'd been working as a sys admin using nt4, and windows 2000, (desktop and server editions).

When xp first came out it was referred to as duplo windows named after the pre-school logos that are huge so that they can't be a chocking hazard.

Given time you just learn to adapt is all.

I don't think that vista is/was a failure. It didn't have good uptake because xp was still running just fine and was fully supported by ms, so business didn't get it, it missed half the features that it had promised, so geeks didn't get it (or fewer got it), in lots of cases it required new hardware, which was a bit of a shock for some,
Previously it'd been possible to upgrade windows 95 machines to windows 98 with no hardware changes, if you were really lucky with your original 95 machine then you might even have been able to install xp too, it didn't require a brand new machine (266 with 64mb ram when it first came out!)
So you're average not too computer literate (the kind who don't even install service packs) didn't get it.

And finally, ms told everyone that they were working on it's replacement before it was even finished!

Vista just feels like a beta for windows 7. Like it'd been 8 years since they'd released a new os and they had to release something.

I wouldn't say that it failed though. I don't really think it was ever meant to succeed, just like how telling everyone that me was the last of the dos releases and 2000 was the future pretty much secured the fate of me (though that is was rubbish.)

Yeah it really was a failure, it just crashed computers with small RAM and destroyed them, some Windows programs were even incompatible with Vista...which was quite surprising, but luckily Windows 7 came in at the right time to save everyone from the dreaded Windows Vista. And Microsoft even offered free upgrades from Vista to Windows 7 for a short time period, which was good for people who did not like Vista but had it on there computer.

Ha :)

I though the same thing about windows xp when I moved to that.

The move from Win 95/98 to XP was a bit jarring, but not nearly as difficult for the power user as the move from XP to Vista-- the learning curve was there, but XP didn't shackle you and throw blinders on the administrator the way Vista does. Moving from NT to XP was probably a bit of a step down for you, though, huh?

The move from Win 95/98 to XP was a bit jarring
Yeah, moving from anything before XP to XP was jarring.
and moving from anything before Vista to Vista was jarring for most people.
Moving from windows 3.1 to windows 95 was just plain weird!

I'm a bit lucky in so far as I avoided vista until after I'd already been using windows 7. And then I've only used it on other peoples machines whilst either borrowing them or fixing them... but going from 7 to vista is really easy.

I agree with your other point made above that vista gives mostly feel good security warnings. at least the security warning appear to have a real purpose on 7, and actually appear to stop actions.

I didn't move from NT to XP, XP is NT 5.1 :). it was just the entire look and feel that changed.

but that's the same as being a power user on XP, knowing where everything is, and moving to vista, or 7, suddenly you;re no longer a power user. you don't know where things are.

I have to admit that I started using XP from a less than genuine copy just days after the release in 2001, so the novelty factor of using the OS before practically anyone else kind of made up for the fact that I found it a bit difficult to use!

Vista was a major failure and it was a rushed operating system.
it feels like while Microsoft was developing seven, they released a preview of it and called it vista with millions of errors.
Like the millions of other people, when vista came out i decided to stay with xp...
and microsoft knew that .... and tried to change it with seven.... which worked ;)

Vista was a major failure and it was a rushed operating system.
it feels like while Microsoft was developing seven, they released a preview of it and called it vista with millions of errors.
Like the millions of other people, when vista came out i decided to stay with xp...
and microsoft knew that .... and tried to change it with seven.... which worked ;)

With this one statement I can understand why you have a negative reputation.

As i have observed Vista it closely resembles Windows 7 I think it was not that much of a failure but it did not ran as the others did (exept ME)
this fact could be assumed as now the games and softwares come which are specially compatible with Vista I just did not liked Vista was just its Ovesusage of resources and Incompatibilty which is not such a problem with Win 7 When the Microsofts were launching Vista They Said that a new OS will launch in about 4-5 years which they did not b'cuz they knew that it will not be a runaway success but just b'cuz they knew that Win 7 will take time to develop and they just wanted to apply this business strategy to mantain thier monoply in the daily OS field as there epic
Win XP waqs fading out and the new OS were lurking out threatning them and they also wanted a head start for Win 7 as they already that win 7 was better than Vista and a better OS then the recently launched will surely be radily accepted which we did. Yes Win 7 Literally 'works the way you want'. :)

one more thing to u (thatguywhy) i not intended to be rude to u but that was truth but let me bless u in the ancient langage of eragon;
Atra esterni ono theldiun,Mor'ranr lifa unin hjarta onr Un du evarinya ono varda. Find this translation yourself, hint is ELDEST :)
Thanx

Back
Top Bottom