Windows Vista Recovery D:

slyguy86

Beta member
Hello this has been bothering me for a while. I have windows vista ultimate and my recovery drive says its about half full. I don't understand this because I don't save stuff there ever.....or back stuff up there. But when i click on the drive to view....the folder is empty. How do I fix this? Any help would be much appreciated. Yes I suck with computers but I'm here to learn. :cool:

Vista Recovery drive is used to help reinstall the vista files for your computer, in the event that you have been infected by a virus or something bad happens. The Vista recovery can be accessed on the boot menu (when you turn your computer on and see the bios). Its natural for you to not see the contents of the recovery drive since the laptop manufacturer doesnt want you modifying it.

That makes sense. But why has it's memory been slowly filling up? I know that I am personally not saving files there.....and if all that is there is original backup then what going on, and can I fix it?

Hmm yes that would be strange for your recovery drive to slowly lose space. What is the brand and model of your computer/laptop, it maybe the manufacturer's software backing up automatically, but its unheard of since you should have control of the back up and it also prevents any viruses from getting into the recovery.

Chances are, the system monitoring is just going nuts on you now because your primary disk space is also filling up. If you can't see anything in that second partition/drive, it's nothing to be too alarmed about. Most users never notice the low disk space alert, and in 99% of the cases, it's perfectly normal for Windows to ignore it and then suddenly start popping up disk space warning messages when the free space hasn't changed at all.

if you're paranoid, run a full virus scan and then run your system through full sweeps with Malware Bytes and SUPERAntispyware. If all of those come back fine, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom