Can't recover HP laptop, 'runme2.bat missing'

luthoro

Solid State Member
Ok so my friend's HP G61 laptop is having all sorts of problems and we decided to just run full system recovery with HP's utility. Problem being that when I told it do a system recovery it booted up went to the command prompt, and I got this error message:

"windows/system32 the system cannot find the path specified X:\Runme2.Bat is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or Bathg file."

I have scoured results from a couple search engines and can't find any help at all. Even the text of this batch file would be great, but I couldn't find anything. The only text version of this file I found online has something to do with Doom, not Windows, and its REM prompts aren't all filled out so its useless.

The reason behind this recovery, among other things, is that within the last few months the computer has become incredibley slow and the drive (DVD+/-RW) is refusing to read anything but regular CDs (thats the main issue).

PLEASE HELP!

I've never heard of a runme2.bat in the windows32 folder...

Have you ran a bootable malware detection utility yet? This sounds like some malware to me...

Back
Top Bottom