Question about Comcast Cable

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My cable (Comcast) went out about 5 days ago. Today, the technician guy came and fixed our cable. However, now there is a long coaxial cable that goes from my cable box outside my house, through my neighbors yard, and god knows where it leads to. Is it normal for the cable to be totally visible from my cable box and my neighbors backyard? Or do somebody else come another time to hide the coaxial cable?

Also, when I turn on my HDTV nowadays, it always turns onto channel 82.5. This is a "scrambled" channel as I do not get a signal from it. Back then, it would always to go they channel I was previously on. However, now its always on 82.5 when I turn on my HDTV, and have to manually change the channel. Why would it start doing this?

The easy answer is that the tech didn't do a complete job. They should not have left that cable out in the open, particularly into someone else's property. My guess is that the box is always going to 82.5 because it's receiving some kind of weird signal that may or may not be related to his visit.

Back
Top Bottom