Input delay in games?

Jeiner

Beta member
Hey guys,

I got a new portable pc a few months back, and ofcourse I installed some games on it. It played the games pretty great, in League of Legends I played with about 60 FPS at normal graphic settings.
However, my pc is now beginning to run slower, and have input delay in games (not just LoL). Now i'm about 15-20 FPS, and having input delay ingames. For example, if i tell my character to do an action, it will take a little while before it happens :/ (And it's not the connection). This is really anoying, does anyone have any tips? Specs below:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6000 @ 1.87GHz
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit home premium
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance! :)

Lowering the graphics quality of the game will certainly help. The lag is a result of the computer maxing out at the current settings/configuration.
Some games have dozens of video settings that you can access, so check them out and start lowering each of the settings until you are happy with the performance.

Cheers

But he had 60 in LoL and now only 15-20 in the same game. sounds like a slow hard drive or virusi nfested run. Download malewarebytes and run a quick scan. Then download CCleaner and clean both the registery and applications. After this do a disk defragment. You should see better performance.

But he had 60 in LoL and now only 15-20 in the same game. sounds like a slow hard drive or virusi nfested run. Download malewarebytes and run a quick scan. Then download CCleaner and clean both the registery and applications. After this do a disk defragment. You should see better performance.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have tried to do what you said, krone6, but it simply didn't help at all :( Any other suggestions?

Sorry for not replying, i have been away for quite a while. I have 359 GB on my C: drive and 3,36 on my D: drive

If you haven't done it yet, it might be worth while to see if there are any new video drivers out there.

Also, run a disk defrag with a program like Defraggler. This is even more important on portable systems with spinning hard drives because they tend to spin slower (5400 RPM vs 7200 for example) and as they get fragmented, game response times can get out of control.

Running Defraggler helped a bit, but really didn't do much. I'm pretty sure i have the latest driver installed, i have catalyst control center installed.

I'm thinking that you might need more RAM. Since it slowed down over time (from what I understand) it probably slowed as new programs got installed and more serveries start with your computer. You could disable some of those excess services or simply upgrade the amount of RAM you have.

Back
Top Bottom