How dangerous is it to go on the internet without virus software?

Norton itself should still work. You payed for the software, the subscription is just to continue getting updates.

So don't be scared to surf the web with no antivirus and for the love of god please please stop giving your money to these companies like norton. there are way too many free programs out there to use that are 300 times better than the paid stuff.

I am not going to argue which is better Free or Paid ISS programs, every one's views & opinions are different.
But one thing I will state is that I will use a Paid security suit on my PC for one big reason....I do a lot of internet banking and need a secured PC for that reason and it is the Financial institutions who dictate what type of security you should have.

If you are hacked in any way and have a recognized security suit which is a paid version then you are reimbursed for loss of money...Financial institutions do not recognize Free versions as adequate protection.
This applies to most countries...

I'd rather pay AUD $55 every year for a 3 PC licence for that piece of mind protection than losing X amount of dollars which can be avoided

I am not going to argue which is better Free or Paid ISS programs, every one's views & opinions are different.
But one thing I will state is that I will use a Paid security suit on my PC for one big reason....I do a lot of internet banking and need a secured PC for that reason and it is the Financial institutions who dictate what type of security you should have.

If you are hacked in any way and have a recognized security suit which is a paid version then you are reimbursed for loss of money...Financial institutions do not recognize Free versions as adequate protection.
This applies to most countries...

I'd rather pay AUD $55 every year for a 3 PC licence for that piece of mind protection than losing X amount of dollars which can be avoided

Wow, what kind of Mickey Mouse bank do you use? I've never heard of any bank in the US that would refuse to reimburse customers that were victims of identity theft (cyber or otherwise) based upon which AV software they were using (or not using). Sounds like the kind of loophole a shady, fly by night company would use to rip off their customers.

Wow, what kind of Mickey Mouse bank do you use? I've never heard of any bank in the US that would refuse to reimburse customers that were victims of identity theft (cyber or otherwise) based upon which AV software they were using (or not using). Sounds like the kind of loophole a shady, fly by night company would use to rip off their customers.

The bank I use assures me they would reimburse my money if I was defrauded so no problem there for me hopefully.... but a fellow work mate was defrauded about a year ago and he was hassled by his bank over what I stated in my last post.... like you I was shocked by this tactic from his bank.

To cut a long story short... upon inquiring with my bank I was told this can happen if the Banks feel if customers do not take precautionary steps this could be a result.

Two things I learned in this world through experience is I do not trust Banks or Insurance companies... hence read the fine print.

On a last note : It does not have to be a shady company to pull this on you as big financial institutions/Banks are known to be Bastards with their actions at times.

If you get a virus then just use maleware bytes to remove it.. That's all. It's very unlikely one will just randomly pop into your system destroying your data and killing the parts without you actually doing something to allow it such as clicking on ads. Most of the time it's usererror of them clicking random stuff then it is just random unluckyness.

If one gets in, you run a scan and remove it, and then move on :)

I doubt skype, msn, yahoo spreads viruses. I use all 3 and have been fine for months. Are you talking about the file transfer stuff?

Not to be rude but in my opinion you're overeacting the whole virus thing. People get them and remove them everyday, most are useless troll viruses anyhow.

I agree I am over reacting, people think viruses are worst than they are.

On a last note : It does not have to be a shady company to pull this on you as big financial institutions/Banks are known to be Bastards with their actions at times.

A company doesn't necessarily have to be small to be shady. Some of the shadiest companies are also some of the biggest. BofA, Wells Fargo, the list goes on...

Exactly. They are not that bad, and a simple anti virus program, such as Avast or AVG, both free, do an ample job in keeping away viruses.

Hi,

you can also use another anti virus application there a number of them available , among them i can suggest you the kaspersky it is a widely used anti virus application and will help you .

good luck !!!

kaspersky coupon

Back
Top Bottom