Annoying buzzing noise

IknowLITTLE

In Runtime
so i have a samsung f3 1tb and it sounds like its coming from the front of the case so i assume its the hard drive. every time i hear it i pull case away from where it sits and open the side to no hear a thing. it could have something to do with the side panel vibrating or like i read before a cable touching the hard drive and amplifying it. ive got power cables touching the back but thats it. any suggestions??

Is it secured correctly to the case? It may be vibrating against it, maybe switch it to another slot.

yeah when it makes the noise everything is good, but ive had the side bolts (the ones you unscrew to pop off the side) and it been making the noise. im thinking thats random but something to think about..

Mostly likely something in the case around the HD. You mean its screwed with the side bolts?

i ment to say ive had them off for about 2 hours now and its made the noise once. could it be because i only put 4/8 screws in holding the hard drive into place? i didnt think that mattered but ive got the extra screws.

Have you run any drive scans to ensure its not failing? Sounds like its just vibrating something, or maybe the CD drive was knocked lose? Open up a CD from my computer and listen to it spin.

IVE FIGURED IT OUT! (i think)its the fucking break away tabs for cd drives exc i think... could that be it? and no i havnt run drive scans could you link me something that will scan it? and excuse my language its just been driving me insane!

I use HDAT2 and DFT on hirens boot CD, you can also download programs to run, but I have found those to be more thorough. Pop a CD in the drive to see if the noise is coming from that first.

sorry for late reply was playing wow. anyway. the cd drive was working fine yesterday so thats not it. i flicked the little break away plates and that sounded alike. only weird thing is i removed the two back screws on the case and their wasnt a sound. but im thinking thats more random than anything. idk honestly...

sorry for late reply was playing wow. anyway. the cd drive was working fine yesterday so thats not it. i flicked the little break away plates and that sounded alike. only weird thing is i removed the two back screws on the case and their wasnt a sound. but im thinking thats more random than anything. idk honestly...

Even if the earth is not configured also may be the cause, check your earth.

Back
Top Bottom