What ever happend to real technical support?

i went into the session trying to figure out what retrieving data ment! thats all i wanted! and i said it in the conversation! he didnt know!

lol im not mad but i dont think your getting my point.

EDIT: heres a question, you seem pretty smart. why is my case making a loud buzzing. it sounds like its comming from the hard drive but then i pushed on the meshing on the top fan and it altered the noise, its driving me crazy. oh and for some reason it only happens when the side of the case is on. its really driving me insane...

Its the fans. Same thing happens to my computer. When I push on the side, the sound goes away. I never figured out how to make it go away though.

idk.. it sounds like its coming from the front.. i removed the 2 side panel screws during my wow session and it never made a noise.. its just weird. it makes me think somethings going to break and is driving me up a wall..

Real support does still exist,

But to be honest, I don't really think that you helped yourself there.
you don't seem to have done a good job at describing your set-up, or the problem.

People can only work with the information that you give them,
You didn't give very much information, you were negative and condescending from the outset, you refused to do any tests that he suggested.

exactly what help were you expecting?

good god, Yahoo answers IS human helpers, it's basically just some forum software, you ask a question and people answer it!

But yahoo answers have been known to give some pretty funny answers though. Whenever you go on failblog you'll see yahoo answers come up more often than most. That's what he meant probably by half human. Some are there to just troll and nothing else.

i went into the session trying to figure out what retrieving data ment! thats all i wanted! and i said it in the conversation! he didnt know!

It's trying to retrieve data and can't... :D!! tee hee, sarcasm ftw! I had to.

As I said earlier, had you given him the serial number he'd have known the product that you were talking about, to be fair not all products may have the same error messages.

I don't need to "shout in your face" I just googled "retrieving data no signal" it wasn't the most complicated search. The first result describes the same symptoms as you have, and others say that it's the cable quality at fault, a few more results on the same search confirm this.

At the end of the day, the situation is that you were rude condescending, you refused to provide information, you refused to do tests, you asked why and error message would be shown without even thinking that there may be multiple reasons for the message.

Then you post the chat log to a forum expecting us all to laugh at how crappy the support is. The fact is that the guy did everything he could given the information that you were giving him.

Now your assuming that i wanted you all to agree. actually at the time i wanted an explanation as to what was going on (from the forum). now its blown out of proportion. honestly think what you want but i think the support sucked.

Back
Top Bottom