What ever happend to real technical support?

i can see what you mean, but me giving him all my info exc would have been pointless in my mind, because if you read i repeatedly asked him nicely to just tell me what the screen ment. witch he couldnt do. i will admit though that it was very hard to explain what i was seeing (my 15 year old brain couldn't handle it) lol. In conclusion i went their trying to figure out what the "retrieving data" screen meant and got nothing, i saw that as a little absurd, he had no idea what the retrieving data screen was and tried telling me it didnt exist.

I don't see you repeatedly asking anything nicely.
Ok, lets have a look at what you told him...

William : ok, well then id rather not register. so here i ask, why does the tv say "retrieving data" and then go straight to the blue "no signal" screen?

Justin: It seems like your not getting a signal from your cable/satellite box

He answered your question. the TV isn't getting a signal.

William : their is a cord that changes the video cards mini hdmi to a larger one like a normal cable size, and its a brand new video card so its not the cable
William : you cant really help me with all of that, im just trying to figure out what the retrieving data screen means
so you've got a miss-mash of cables and adapters...
using a brand new set-up, that Since it's brand new you can't even possibly know if it actually works?

Justin: That's coming from your device are tv doesn't say retrieving data it just would say no signal
but just to be sure he tells you, their equipment does not display a message like that, at this point I actually believe that he's wrong. TV's can will say that.
but to be fair you refused to tell him the serial number of your TV so he doesn't even know what model of TV he's dealing with, or the firmware that would have been installed when it left the factory.

Justin: Usually when you hook up a computer to a tv you would want it to be in the rgb spot and so your having a retrieving data and a no signal on the screen

William : sadly rgb is a little ancient and i dont have a cord lieing around or i would try.

So he suggests that you try a different cable to test your video card output and you flatly refuse again to perform a test, instead wrongly choosing to criticise the test.
the RGB connection (DB15) yes is older, but can display greater resolutions.

To be honest, five seconds of searching has told me that the most likely problem here is that the cables that you're using are bad. I would doubt that the adapter is helping either.

I assume that the TV works with other HDMI Sources, (such as blue ray/cable/satellite).

So try getting a decent quality cable that has the mini plug at one end and regular HDMI at the other so you don't have to use adapters.

well, all that is fair. i guess. i was making the point that i asked repeatidly for him to awnser one question, what does that screen mean. he couldnt awnser it. and that was all i really had to ask. And im embarrased to say, that i didnt have the 4 prong on my mobo plugged in (cables were all good). and honestly, i dont plan on even arguing any of the points you made above (about how much of a dick i was) because i simply have no need to. i was emphasizing the point that he had no idea his tv even said that. i think your over analyzing. but thats just my opinion.

EDIT: and i absolutely agree with you cboucher, a person who knew their product could easily tell me my problem. but maybe it wasn't his fault, maybe his employer didn't give him a full book of info on my specific problem.

EDIT: and i absolutely agree with you cboucher, a person who knew their product could easily tell me my problem. but maybe it wasn't his fault, maybe his employer didn't give him a full book of info on my specific problem.

Vizio had made a lot of products. I doubt anybody will want to study and memorize every product Vizio had made. Maybe if you told him your product and serial, he might have helped you better.

what im saying is it was a screen... i garentee every model could say that.. their not going to make a whole new set of screen prompts for every model.. it just isnt logical..

what im saying is it was a screen... i garentee every model could say that.. their not going to make a whole new set of screen prompts for every model.. it just isnt logical..

Your biggest mistake may have been expecting a customer service rep to actually have a working knowledge of the products his company supports. Sad as that may be. You probably would have been better off just googling...

if im remembering right i did google it and found nothing. but im saying i could have because no doubt root will google it, find it, and shove it in my face.

im not saying i was insanely in the right, i was in a pissy mood because of my build not working and he wasnt helping. the point is he couldnt have answered the question if i would have been as polite as possible.

He did answer your question. You just didn't believe him.

He answered it by saying "Justin: That's coming from your device are tv doesn't say retrieving data it just would say no signal"
"Justin: It seems like your not getting a signal from your cable/satellite box"

He didn't believe the issue was coming from the TV. He wasn't there to troubleshoot your computer.
You went into the session believing that the TV was at fault and weren't prepared to believe anything else.

Back
Top Bottom