How dangerous is it to go on the internet without virus software?

clacker

BSOD
Ok so basically my Norton contract is running out tomorrow and I can't renew because my dad isn't going to be home until friday and 'll need his credit card details (He doesn't want to give them to me over the phone). I was wondering would be really dangerous to go on the internet without the software. I'll only be going on this, another forum and facebook.

Any help will be most appreciated, Clacker. :)

It's only dangerous to browse onto sites that you aren't familiar with. Stick to sites you know are safe, and don't go on any dodgy site or download any dodgy files that might start to really ruin your day.

Examples of safe sites:

facebook
google
youtube
wikipedia

etc, reputed and safe sites.

examples of sites you shouldn't even click on :p

thepiratebay (or any torrent site really)
redtube.. (goes without saying)
any foreign or dodgy looking sites really

:D

It's only dangerous to browse onto sites that you aren't familiar with. Stick to sites you know are safe, and don't go on any dodgy site or download any dodgy files that might start to really ruin your day.

Examples of safe sites:

facebook
google
youtube
wikipedia

etc, reputed and safe sites.

examples of sites you shouldn't even click on :p

thepiratebay (or any torrent site really)
redtube.. (goes without saying)
any foreign or dodgy looking sites really

:D

Yeah I wouldn't dare go on any stupid sites or download things, so do you reckon facebook and this forum will be all right then??

dont use chat programs such as MSN / yahoo chat / skype

They are used to spread viruses

Ok so basically my Norton contract is running out tomorrow and I can't renew because my dad isn't going to be home until friday and 'll need his credit card details (He doesn't want to give them to me over the phone). I was wondering would be really dangerous to go on the internet without the software. I'll only be going on this, another forum and facebook.

Any help will be most appreciated, Clacker. :)

If you get a virus then just use maleware bytes to remove it.. That's all. It's very unlikely one will just randomly pop into your system destroying your data and killing the parts without you actually doing something to allow it such as clicking on ads. Most of the time it's usererror of them clicking random stuff then it is just random unluckyness.

If one gets in, you run a scan and remove it, and then move on :)

I doubt skype, msn, yahoo spreads viruses. I use all 3 and have been fine for months. Are you talking about the file transfer stuff?

Not to be rude but in my opinion you're overeacting the whole virus thing. People get them and remove them everyday, most are useless troll viruses anyhow.

+1 to krone6 people are way to paranoid about viruses. you should really try to educate yourself about them. I have never seen a virus I couldn't remove. you can't get a virus by just browsing the internet. you have to actually let it in your pc. by either downloading it from torrents or other p2p software or by clicking links to things that you don't know what it is or where it will take you. with a little common since and some knowledge of malware then you will be fine. I haven't ran an antivirus in years. I use malwarebytes to scan every few days and it catches everything 99.999% of the time. for the other .001% of the time use forums like the one here post your problem and we can help you clean the pc everytime. So don't be scared to surf the web with no antivirus and for the love of god please please stop giving your money to these companies like norton. there are way too many free programs out there to use that are 300 times better than the paid stuff.

Back
Top Bottom