Laptop wanted.

you dont seem to understand what I need it for. I dont want to put a bunch into it, as its deemed to be destroyed anyway. I use the laptops in my truck (81 F250) to print recipts and invoices for customers. It may, and they generally have, be destroyed in weeks. Generally the screen is the damaged component.

Maybe you should try to purchase a netbook. I know new ones are about $300. I'm sure a used, old one would easily be $100. Like I said before the only place I can think of to purchase one would be craigslist but you said you weren't too happy with it. Try and look for a netbook though good luck
happysmile.gif

3 reasons I dont want to do that,
1. Its a mac. I do not use mac even if you were to give it to me.
2. Its too new for the programs I am using.
3. No serial port on a macbook.
4. they are too expensive for the limited hardware you get.

I understand the other reasons but I don't understand number 2, because it will run programs made before it was made.

Unless you mean you're using ancient legacy programs.

Hey Lucas!
The programs being used are 16 bit windows applications programed for the 9x set. Basically, I doubt that OSX would have any way to adapt to that. Even windows Vista/7 will not adapt to the 16 bit architecture.

Hey Lucas!
The programs being used are 16 bit windows applications programed for the 9x set. Basically, I doubt that OSX would have any way to adapt to that. Even windows Vista/7 will not adapt to the 16 bit architecture.

Hey man! Nice to see you :)
I see. Just wondered about it.

Good luck finding something! Though personally I think $100 may be too much for that old of a laptop. What happened to that other one of yours?

Back
Top Bottom