Gaming Build

Quick question about the ram alternatives (compared to the original Corsair Vengence). Why are you guys picking single 4GB? Why not 2 x 2GB for dual channel? Then again, dual channel only has a small significant difference. According to Toms Hardware, dual channel had a maximum of 5% increase in memory intensive programs.

source -
Test Results: Single Vs. Dual Channel RAM : Parallel Processing, Part 2: RAM and HDD

@teny i apologize, i went somewhere for 4th of july and really didnt have time to go to a store.

@chipeater im going with 2x of the 4gb stick you mentioned above, thanks.

@everyone, thanks for all of your help. i should be buying it all after my vacation and will be sure to make a fourm, or keep this one going with my progress.

Well. its all together. everything. ACCEPT my ram (witch isnt compatible) that i noticed didnt mention my mobo but asked anyway (and was given the wrong answer). all in all its a lesson that i really shouldnt rely on people to know everything. anyway, hopefully newegg will accept my return and give me 2x2gb or something.. if not i wait untill i have the money. sob story over.

EDIT: re read and was confusing. the ram didnt mention my mobo as being compatible but their were only like 3 mobo's that were compatible so i figured id ask the fourm and got a wrong answer.

Hmm, what do you mean they are not compatible? Does the PC not boot?

nope, doesnt even fit in the slots, like the clamps dont pinch it. also its not in the motherboard book.

EDIT: its to tall for the slot clams. Also, while your here, do you know what the plug "ac97" means and where its plugged in. Also, i couldnt find a place to put in the "hdd led" im assuming its not really necessary but id still like to know if its possible to plug in.

Your telling me pushing that hard will work, i dont wanna ruin shit lol

EDIT: if you promise me that the ram is made for that mobo i will push that hard.. but only after you assure me. I LOVE YOU!@ i did it anyway and it worked. thanks so much. if your staying up you wanna try to help me through the boot menus?

Back
Top Bottom