help restoring partition with VHD file

busterbrit

Beta member
about a year ago I seperated my new computer into 3 partitions. C drive (windows), E drive (data), Z drive (back up).

I made the C and Z drive the same size. I had windows make a VHD drive of the C drive so that if I ever had problems with the C drive I could restore it back to that time period.

How do I restore it with this VHD file? I tried looking on the internet and i can't figure it out. I can mount it.

Thanks for your help.

In that case you can restore from the vhd using the win 7 restore function. If the machine won't boot, you can do the restore using the Win 7 System Repair disk.

Here's an article that tells you how to boot from the vhd: Boot from VHD

Thanks for you help so far. But that is not what I want to do. I want to use this image to replace the C: drive. They are the same size so it should be able to just replace it.

I tried windows 7 recovery but it can't find the VHD file. Not sure why. It's on the same hard drive but a different partition.

I can mount the VHD so that I can access it like the other partitions and look at all its folders.

But I can't find any articles on how to revert the C: partition back to its original state when I made this system image back up.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom