Computer case upgrading help

Briyan

Beta member
So, a year or so ago I bought a prebuilt computer. Right now as it is, I've upgraded multiple parts on it and my next goal is to change the computer case since airflow inside doesn't seem very optimal and during gameplay my core temp is running around 65C.

Currently I'm looking at this case NZXT M59 Case at Xoxide!
and I'm stuck as to whether or not my motherboard is compatible.

Motherboard I am using is Acer FMP55

Biggest confusion to me, is that I've read that companies like Dell Hp, and Acer along with others use their own specifications so that motherboards only fit to their own case. Then I read on some of the threads here that they've started to make them to BTX/ATX specifications. I just don't want to spend X dollars buying a case then returning it because I didn't bother being clarified about my own.

Any help/tips on finding a computer case that would be compatible with this motherboard would be appreciated.

I've had a look at the motherboard, it seems compatible the screw holes seem to align but then again its hard to say. If your motherboard looks like the shown picture I guess it would fit, but if you dont want to risk buying to find out its not compatible at all then i guess you can try to move it to another case and see how it goes, all custom case have the same layout so if you have a spare one you can try it out. Hope this helps.

53415714_xl.jpg

Cheers

I've had a look at the motherboard, it seems compatible the screw holes seem to align but then again its hard to say. If your motherboard looks like the shown picture I guess it would fit, but if you dont want to risk buying to find out its not compatible at all then i guess you can try to move it to another case and see how it goes, all custom case have the same layout so if you have a spare one you can try it out. Hope this helps.

Cheers

checked it out compared to the picture you gave
from what I can see it is the same, going to try it out and order a case.
Thanks for helping

Yup, the board is definitely ATX spec, shouldn't have a problem.

Also, 65C is normal for an OEM system's CPU temp, FYI.

Back
Top Bottom