Aaaaaarrgh

desdichato

Baseband Member
I am thoroughly P****** off, I am trying to build a server using a I7 processor and a Gigabyte GA EX58 Extreme Mobo.....all my Sata connection straight off board are used up and I need at least 4 more (I would prefer the individual Sata connection rather than SAS) BUT so far I have bought three Sata expansion cards all of them are too long....the most recent is a Highpoint Rocketraid 2640, it is 90mm long and it is too ****** long....all because of the plumbing from the Mobo.

Apart from smashing the thing and starting again can anyone suggest anything???????

Thanks

P

what in the world are you putting this into? It sounds like your case is the issue here, not the rest of the components. What kind of case are you using? Tower, Server rack, etc?

Hi Og,

Thanks for your response, As mentioned I am using a Gigabyte GA EX58 Extreme board with an I7 processor (it can be seen at Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME Motherboard - Intel X58, LGA 1366, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, CrossFire Ready, SLI Ready, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, Firewire, USB 2.0, HyperThreading at TigerDirect.com), I have 4 x 2Tb Hdd's, 4 x 1Tb Hdd, 1 x 32Gb SSD specifically for a game, 1 x 64 Gb SSD For the OS & a 120Gb for software (at least that the way I'm thinking at the moment).....My case is a Thermaltake Xaser VI 4000 series tower....I am not having trouble mounting the drives there is plenty of space for them but my Mobo has 10 Sata connections but they are all used up so I have been after an add on Sata card.....the last one I got should fit in the PCle x 1 slot but is a couple of mm too long and is catching on the x58 chipset, unfortunately I cannot shave the add on card as that end is two of the Sata connections.

Thanks again

P

Back
Top Bottom