Harddrive Not Being Detected!!

stuiedaman

Baseband Member
I just put together my computer with all the parts arrived today. The hard drive, which worked on my previous build, does not show up with booting options or in BIOS. My set up is in my signature. The SATA CD/DVD drive shows up fine in all SATA slots on the mobo. The hard drive shows up in none (haven't tested all but the few I did did not work, including the ones that did work for the CD/DVD drive). I have tried multiple SATA cables and power cables. Nada. I used my external hard drive enclosure and it shows up on my laptop, everything working fine. WTF??

Go into BIOS and look at the SATA port settings. The ports are probably enabled since you can see other SATA devices, so try setting the port you have the hard drive connected to for Legacy mode.

Go into BIOS and look at the SATA port settings. The ports are probably enabled since you can see other SATA devices, so try setting the port you have the hard drive connected to for Legacy mode.

Not seeing how. I go in BIOS (Main > SATA Configuration > SATA Port 4) and it gives me these options: LBA/Large Mode, Block (Multi-Sector Transfer), PIO Mode, DMA Mode, S.M.A.R.T., and 32-bit data transfer. All give me the option of auto or disabled, all of them being selected to auto, with the exception PIO Mode which gives me the options of 0-4 and is set to auto.

Do you have the manual for the motherboard? If not, I would just disable each option one at a time and see what happens.

Look up what each of those SATA related setting do. Anything that mentions RAID you probably want to disable.

not saying anything about those settings. It talks about everything else in BIOS though. LOL. nothing sata related. Google?

EDIT: didn't find anything that would help there. :(

Does putting that drive BACK onto another computer result in it being detected? It sounds like something on the hard drive is kaput. (ESD victim at the very least, incompatibility at the worst - which CAN happen, though it is rare)

Back
Top Bottom