My 2.5k rig, any suggestions?

samywamy10

Beta member
Hey guys,
within the next month or so I intend on getting this rig. I'm planning on using it with two 1080p monitors for some gaming, virtual machines, lots of video editing/rendering and web development (however I'm hoping to get into application development too). What are your thoughts?

list-2.png

The 4x1tb Spinpoint F3's would be used in a RAID 1 array (so I would have 2tb usable space), and the SSD would be used for boot and applications. The 20gb SSD on the motherboard would be used to cache the RAID 1 array. The singular CoolerMaster 120mm SickleFlow fan would be used with the 212+. The HD6950's will be flashed to 6970 and overclocked, and run in Crossfire. Planning on overclocking the 2600k to 4.5-5ghz. We'll see...

Wow, I honestly can not point any flaws out. The only one i could have is optional, a beefed up heatsink, but that might not even be needed as the hyper 212 plus is great. Besides that everything looks very good, right down to you flashing that 6850 to a 6870 (well, for $2.5k and seeing your plans you're not stupid, so i assume you plan to).

Hmm, however you mention a bootable ssd but i don't see one. Did i miss it?

Wow, I honestly can not point any flaws out. The only one i could have is optional, a beefed up heatsink, but that might not even be needed as the hyper 212 plus is great. Besides that everything looks very good, right down to you flashing that 6850 to a 6870 (well, for $2.5k and seeing your plans you're not stupid, so i assume you plan to).

Hmm, however you mention a bootable ssd but i don't see one. Did i miss it?

Thanks!

I've got the extra fan on the 212+, but I think unless I find that I'm overheating, that fan should be good :). I'm hoping to flash the 6850's to 6870's, however the newer revisions don't allow it. I'll try when I get them, but I'm not confident.

There's an OCZ Vertex 3 120gb in there :p. That's my boot/applications SSD.

Thanks!

I've got the extra fan on the 212+, but I think unless I find that I'm overheating, that fan should be good :). I'm hoping to flash the 6850's to 6870's, however the newer revisions don't allow it. I'll try when I get them, but I'm not confident.

There's an OCZ Vertex 3 120gb in there :p. That's my boot/applications SSD.

Oh jeez, now i see it... I, uhh, was testing you was all. Yup, that's it. :)

Oh, and if i am right the 6xxx cards have dual bioses, so if you fail a flash you can just reflash back to normal, or use the spare and have no redundancy.

Back
Top Bottom