Can't format card? Need Help?

theblkrev

Solid State Member
Good evening.
16x16_smiley-sad.gif
I'm new here and came to address an issue. Btw, I posted this issue on another site because I strongly need some assistance. :confused:

I've tried:
* Formatting with SD Formatter (says memory card is "write-protected")
* Formatting on Windows (PC) and Blackberry
* The "My Computer>Manage>Disk Management/Changing Path and Volume" method

I have a 4GB SanDisk MicroSD for a Blackberry Curve 8900, yet its capacity shows up as 1.30 TB on the computer, which is impossible. I'm pissed at myself because the card was working on Mass Storage Mode earlier (should've backed up the files), and I think yanking out the USB cable (from phone to computer) literally screwed my chances of seeing my data again. Smfh! :(

I seriously need help because I'm trying to do a normal/quick format successfully so I can recover all or at least most personal photos and videos that were/are on it. Something like a HDD Low-Level Format is NOT an option.

Did any of you ever had this issue? I'm quite worried. :eek:

Can anyone recommend any software (both free and commercial) and options to:
* Normally Format my card without ruining my changes of recovering data
* Recover my data after formatting?

--------------------------------------…

P.S. - Please, if your answer is that I'm SOL, do not post it because I'll start feeling pissed and upset at myself. If you have any good suggestions, I beg you to post them and will thank you greatfully. :eek:

My last resort is going to a professional in the next 10 years when I have a nice income (yeah, I'm almost 18).

No? I inserted the 4GB mircoSD card in my Blackberry and by using "Mass Storage Mode", my computer is able to detect it. Any advice?

If format you will lose your stuff, it's that simple. Were you trying to save your stuff, while the SD card was on the phone?

I know that I will lose everything if I format. After I format, I can then use recovery software to trace the files lost. I connected the phone (with the SD card inside) to the computer and it was working, then I think I disconnected the USB cable from the computer and inserted back in. That's when it started to ask me to format the card.Do you have any suggestions?

under this situation, us PC can not format, if I am right, your SD card format might not be NTFS/FAT32, it might be RAW or something else.

under this situation, us PC can not format, if I am right, your SD card format might not be NTFS/FAT32, it might be RAW or something else.

How will this effect the card? In what ways will this affect the card? Will the data still be recoverable in the formatted card? Someone really did recommend me to format it to FAT32.

EDIT: Btw, here's the pic of the card (if necessary). Lol, sorry for the picture quality; the camera I used took mirrored shots for some reason. Examine carefully at the 2nd card on the right. The spot where it says "4GB" got slightly scratched off. I was trying to take the card out of my phone's poorly built microSD slot, and some of the white print came off. Could this be a possible reason why the computer isn't reading it correctly? Besides this one little flaw, the rest of the card looks physically fine (both front and back). I looked at online pictures of microSDs for comparison.

final_1795827238.jpg

I had met this situation before. it also is TF card.
if the format of tf card is raw, it means the card was broken. I checked the solution before, it's said there is some solutions also, but I haven't try that method.

How will this effect the card? In what ways will this affect the card? Will the data still be recoverable in the formatted card? Someone really did recommend me to format it to FAT32.

EDIT: Btw, here's the pic of the card (if necessary). Lol, sorry for the picture quality; the camera I used took mirrored shots for some reason. Examine carefully at the 2nd card on the right. The spot where it says "4GB" got slightly scratched off. I was trying to take the card out of my phone's poorly built microSD slot, and some of the white print came off. Could this be a possible reason why the computer isn't reading it correctly? Besides this one little flaw, the rest of the card looks physically fine (both front and back). I looked at online pictures of microSDs for comparison.

final_1795827238.jpg

Back
Top Bottom