Which is better

Out of those three, Kasperskey is the only one that isn't useless, Every PC that comes in full of viruses has Norton spazzing in he corner cause it can't control shit lol

1. Avast!
2. AVG
3. NOD32
4. Webroot
5. Kasperskey

The best is needing none of the above. I'm not running anti-virus software on the computer with which I'm posting. It is running Linux.

The best is needing none of the above. I'm not running anti-virus software on the computer with which I'm posting. It is running Linux.

Linus is not malware-proof. It is better than Windows in that regard, though. I would agree with Darkseeker's list, plus Microsoft Security Essentials, much as I hate to say it.

Personally, I use a firewall appliance running a Linux-based firewall OS and running CLAMAV, but even then, bad stuff can be brought in by my clients (read: family), and for the Windows units, MSE worked great for rooting out the nasties.

Oh, and Norton's is teh crap...

You have to use something else to compare it to in order to see how crap it is.

Any money is too much to pay when there are plenty of much better AND free AVs out there.

I have used the free security suits and I have used purchased security suits... some are quite good ....some not as good....

It comes down down to your own preference of which software you think works best for you.... You don't like it but I like it.

End of Story....

Linus is not malware-proof. It is[/is] better than Windows in that regard, though. I would agree with Darkseeker's list, plus Microsoft Security Essentials, much as I hate to say it.

Personally, I use a firewall appliance running a Linux-based firewall OS and running CLAMAV, but even then, bad stuff can be brought in by my clients (read: family), and for the Windows units, MSE worked great for rooting out the nasties.

Oh, and Norton's is teh crap...

No computer is immune to malicious software. Linux provides me with an OS that, personally, I don't have any need for anti-virus software. As for malware, I find that additions to the /etc/hosts file helps and also speeds up many web pages, although there may be blank spot where the adds usually are. In my experience Linux has been virus and malware free. That doesn't mean that I won't have trouble later, but so far it has been nice. Of course, the main reason that Linux has less trouble with viruses is because Window is more popular. Same thing with games, all of the really big games are written for Windows.

Back
Top Bottom