What is so good about World of Wichcraft?

Collette

Baseband Member
Its the only game I have ever heard of someone getting addicted to. It does not look like a great game and they charge you 20 euro a month to play it. It's not like sims 3, the best game of all time.:cool:

I respected your opinion, until you mentioned Sims; possibly the most mundane and stupid game ever devised.

I could probably list a few reasons:

1. It's a Fantasy game, One of the only good Fantasy MMORPGs out there. For people like me who like stuff like Harpies, Pirates, Swashbucklers, goblins, orcs, elves and such its a real good time.

2. It's one of the largest MMORPGs - the game itself is almost 30GB in size at the moment on my drive, that's 30GB worth of explorable area and stuff to do in the game. If you know HOW to play; there literally isn't ever a 'dull moment' so to speak. There are hundreds of areas containing hundreds of quests for the level of player the area is aimed at. There are also 6 million players worldwide, it's rare that there's no one else to play with.

3. It's not that expensive compared to some other subscription games.

4. It's more 'immersive' than 'addictive', An addiction is something you can't stop doing regardless of how hard you try, Warcraft is something you never want to stop playing because it's a generally fun way to spend time if you're into that sort of thing.

People can get 'addicted' to any game if you want to use such a harsh word to describe it, i mean; how else does anyone get to 16th Prestige on Black Ops within a few months of it being released without playing most of the day every day? Maybe some people just like playing games; considering the state of the world at the moment, it's hardly surprising that people seek solace and acceptance within a community of like minded players. There are at least 3 or 4 other WoW players who are also active members here; i don't think i'll be short a little backup for my points.

Edit: I also notice it seems like you've never actually sat down and played WoW, It really bugs me how people can knock it without trying it.

I didn't get to far into the game as I wanted too, but I'm more of a online gamers. Usually like BF2, Mulitplayer games that take teamwork. When I wasn't chilling with my friends in the real world. We would go online as guild and progress in WoW and Warhammer too. It just has a lot of stuff. Different classes and races to rank up. Armor sets, instances. Theres just so much to it I can't explain it. It really doesn't get repetitive or boring... That's the problem with most games it gets boring after like the first few times playing. Not this.
Thos that like battlefield bad company, that to me got boring. BF2 is so much better

I respected your opinion, until you mentioned Sims; possibly the most mundane and stupid game ever devised.

I could probably list a few reasons:

1. It's a Fantasy game, One of the only good Fantasy MMORPGs out there. For people like me who like stuff like Harpies, Pirates, Swashbucklers, goblins, orcs, elves and such its a real good time.

2. It's one of the largest MMORPGs - the game itself is almost 30GB in size at the moment on my drive, that's 30GB worth of explorable area and stuff to do in the game. If you know HOW to play; there literally isn't ever a 'dull moment' so to speak. There are hundreds of areas containing hundreds of quests for the level of player the area is aimed at. There are also 6 million players worldwide, it's rare that there's no one else to play with.

3. It's not that expensive compared to some other subscription games.

4. It's more 'immersive' than 'addictive', An addiction is something you can't stop doing regardless of how hard you try, Warcraft is something you never want to stop playing because it's a generally fun way to spend time if you're into that sort of thing.

People can get 'addicted' to any game if you want to use such a harsh word to describe it, i mean; how else does anyone get to 16th Prestige on Black Ops within a few months of it being released without playing most of the day every day? Maybe some people just like playing games; considering the state of the world at the moment, it's hardly surprising that people seek solace and acceptance within a community of like minded players. There are at least 3 or 4 other WoW players who are also active members here; i don't think i'll be short a little backup for my points.

Edit: I also notice it seems like you've never actually sat down and played WoW, It really bugs me how people can knock it without trying it.

Wrong, it's not 30GB of stuff to do. Half of that is temp stuff due to updates and other content not being used. I can bet if you were to do a fresh reinstall of the game it'd be half the size, the true size. Being dx5 i also hear it needs a LOT more textures. The size of the game probably is inflated due to the dx version, but i can't say for sure, just what i hear. About the size part, that i am confident on, have not heard someone not get a size decrease from it yet.

yes same thing, I heard of been called that on the radio and that is techniqually the name.

Never heard of world of Wichcraft, I think more people get addicted to World of warcraft or minecraft.

lol, i agree with clacker and also dark. speaking of wow, ive recent purchased $800 worth of parts to build my WoW machine :)

Back
Top Bottom