Need help restoring comp to factory settings

Cadriel

Baseband Member
After months of wear and tear I've decided its time to restore my computer to factory settings. Issue is I don't have the CD that you are supposed to use to do that. I have an Acer Aspire X1300. I've restored it before but I just went blank and forgot how, but I remember I did not have to use a disc or anything... I have tried the Alt+F11 thing but I dont get an option on restoring it to factory settings. Anyone help me out? Thanks

Cadriel

Hello Cadriel,

First of all, what operating system you have? xp, vista, 7?
I willl help you out with this

ok, since you have windows 7, you have to follow this step:
Turn on you computer and as soon is starting press "f8" you should press few times until a black screen shows and choose the first option named "repair my computer" it will go to recovery mode, type your user name and password and follow few instructions, anyhow if you need more help just let me know.

I've already tried that method without success... It does not allow me to restore it to factory settings from there. The only option I'd see would be the 3rd one about restoring it from a backup, But I dont have one. I remember I have restored it before w/o any type of backup or disc... hopefully someone can enlighten me on that part.

Don't the Acer computers have a hidden partition that can be used to make an installation disk?

I'm not sure, but I did read something about hidden partitions on a website somewhere.

Does your system run at all? If you can type diskmgmt.msc in the search field and start the disk manager you should be able to see if there is a hidden partition.

Yes and I could search that. I got all this information... im not sure what it all means though

2u3y7ns.png

Back
Top Bottom