Need help repairing computer

xx211aaronxx

Beta member
im new to this forums and wasnt sure what section to post in but my computer is having problems, my power supply turns on and my video card fan turns on but everything else doesnt turn on, without the video card u would think the computer was off... The front light became really dim and is very hard to see, none of the fans turn on (except the video card) this computer has worked fine (havent done any upgrades) i've just cleaned it out today, with a dust cleaner, i can upload a video of my computer if that will help. but any suggestions would be great!

I've also took apart everything and put it back together as if i bought it and had to build it myself, i've double checked and everything is connected, i cleaned out the power supply and mainboard, fans, everything! any help would be great, imma noob when it comes to computers.

Sounds like you're covering the basics at least, and if you're comfortable taking it apart and putting it back together, that'll make it easier on us. :)

Do you have another video card (or onboard video?) that you can test with. Sometimes when a video card's BIOS can't get through POST, it'll sit there spinning forever.

I'd also reset the CMOS jumper on the board and see if that helps. Coincidentally, it'll also re-enable the onboard video (if any) and allow you to boot to the onboard video, if any.

Failing that, I'd try another power supply. If no go, motherboard is my final guess.

Back
Top Bottom