system restore won't work, windows vista

samr9999

Beta member
i have the update problem with the reboot loop on my vista, if you do not know what it is, whenever i start
my computer, it says it is cofiguring update 3 of 3 0% until it reboots and the whole thing continously happens.
the computer does work in safe mode though, and as i read in other forums, to get rid of the reboot loop i have to
carry out a system restore, either in safe mode or using the vista cd. since vista was preinstalled on my pc i tried the system
restore option, and whichever system restore point i select, it tells me that "system restore failed due to an unspecified error. the parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057) ...when i normally start system restore it also tells me i cannot carry it out in offline mode and i have to type a special
command to reach system restore, but i do not think it makes a difference. tell me if you need to know any additional information and please give me a step to step guide if you have a solution, i am not very experienced with computers. THANKS A LOT in advance, i really need your help guys!!!

While in safe mode go to the "start" menu (windows logo). Then, type "cmd" and hit enter. (do not use quotes). This will open the command prompt. Then type "sfc /scannow" After that, reboot. If that fails, call a computer professional or use the disk to reinstall windows.

if you can log on you computer in safe mode, then go to start, all programs, accesories, system tools, system restore and select one point from a week before it happened to you, It will works, it doesnt let me know

Back
Top Bottom