Random Chit Chat

The vBulletin rep system is pretty well-designed to promote inflations (or discourage the popular people from repping, depending on how you want to look at it).

Some forums have rep-parties just to see who can get teh most rep, others have implemented 'dial-a-rep' hacks so that one can specify exactly how much rep to add (or subtract) up to their personal limit.

I seem to recall one forum that set a specific number for rep, regardless of one's personal count. That might be the best way without hacking the plugin.

I'm fairly sure I give out 70 at a time.. there is probably an upper limit, but I don't know what it is.

Hey guys, I know this is a bit weird, but I've never really gotten into Linux and I'm looking to get a bit into it. Is there any fairly intuitive distro of Linux out there? Ideal for Linux newbies, that is. Thanks.

Found my PS1 collection, so now I am just playing PS1 games on my PS3.

Just sold about 45 games, 2 controllers, and a steering wheel (plus the original PS1) for like $175 at my garage sale. Haha. Happened right before we closed it up the second and final night. I was pretty happy. It would have been wayyyyy too much work parting out on eBay, and I had priced it out at around $225, so only taking about a $50 hit on being able to sell it all in one fell swoop was fine with me. For something I never use anymore, I was happy. In conjunction with selling my PS2 a while back (about 50 games, steering wheel, a few controllers, and guitar hero) for $250, I've been bringing in some much needed cash. Now...just need to sell my NES. I'm surprised no one bit on it for $80 at my garage sale. I don't think anyone knew how rare a few of the games were I have with it. I have Kirby's Adventures, which goes for $20-30 by itself. So I guess I'll be parting that bad boy out on eBay soon.

Hey guys, I know this is a bit weird, but I've never really gotten into Linux and I'm looking to get a bit into it. Is there any fairly intuitive distro of Linux out there? Ideal for Linux newbies, that is. Thanks.

To be honest, I'm not too experience other than using bootable copies to test various machines, at times. All I can tell you is that Gnome kernels (Like Ubuntu) are most similar to "Macs" and KDE kernels (like Kubuntu) are more similar to a Windows style OS. I've heard good and bad about both. I mainly just load up my Kubuntu disc when needed. I have tried Sabayon (back in the days of Vista), and I thought that Fedora was too confusing for me. Try this and see if it's any help.

I wish Chromium OS was ready to roll on local disk instead of having to be booted from Flash or in a VM. -.-
I don't want to buy a ChromeBook.

It is, but I haven't yet found a distro for it. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. All the versions I've found are VM-bound or USB bootable ISO's.

Back
Top Bottom