Gaming/Audio Recording Headphones?

Thank you so much man. Very helpful and informative. I think I may go with the zalman clip on mic. I can see there is some slight static but I can easily remove that. Also, did you mean the Corsair Hs1? I personally haven't looked into it that in depth, but I couldn't find anything on the corsair sp1. Again, thanks.

Ah, they're called the HS1. I hear good and bad things, but I have no personal experience with them.

Yeah, I had a look at them myself, and they actually look too bulky. But I've got a month to decide. I'll look into it further.

I have the little brother of the Plantronics GameCom 777, the 377 and they are beautiful. Cheaper, but still has amazing sound, even better than my $70 2.1 system...

I had my eyes on them for quite a while and yeah, I heard they are great for audio. Sound I didn't hear much about though. The only reason I probably wont be getting any Gamecom headsets is because of the durability. It is horrible apparently. I myself have a small head, and should be fine with it for as long as it is said to last, but I don't want to take any risks. If you have any arguments to debate about the durability, I would be grateful to listen. As I really need as much information about headphones, clip on mics, headsets and so on. Got one month to become an expert with these. :)

That's not very surprising.

Lol well when you're talking a $30 set of head phones... That and I'm a poor college student :( More goes to rent and school than my computers now.

oh and Oimanoi, as for durability, mine are only 4 months old but still look and feel like new. The guys that I game with who recommended them have had theirs for over a year with no sign of wear in sight (so they say).

Lol well when you're talking a $30 set of head phones...

Making good headphones is much cheaper than making good headphones. It's like buying a bike vs buying a car for the same price. You get much more bang-for-your-buck.

Hmm, I just looked at the Plantronics Gamecom 777 audio quality, and it was amazing. Couldn't hear any static. Though, I have no idea how it sounds. The only reason I am even considering this is because I have a shop literally around the corner that are selling the 777's for around $70, where as the zalman and a good set of headphones are located around 2 hours from my house.

I can do the 2 hours, but I am still really unsure. Oh, and the Audio Technica M50 isn't even sold anywhere in Australian shops, other than online shops, which I cannot participate in. :/ So, I have to either pick a different set of headphones, find the Audio technica or decide on the gamecom. Hmhm. I think it would all come down to sound quality with the gamecom, if I were to buy it. But would it even matter? With me having a horrible on board sound card? Oh and I heard, because the headset is usb, it comes with its own soundcard? Which is probably better than my realtek Hd audio. But I am completely unsure on this.

USB headphones bypass your onboard sound completely. They use their own DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter).

How's the shop's return policy? If they do refunds, you could try them to see if you like them.

Back
Top Bottom