Xbox 360? worth it?

waiiiiit!!!!
40 year old , married???!!!!
WTF!!!!!
im 16 years old with a $4000 computer!
are you implying i cannot be a PC gamer!

And aside from that PS3 Netflix isnt garbage its perfect, i use it everyday to watch videos.
i dont see the difference between the two.

I want to quickly point out that using Daddy's credit card to build your rig doesn't make you any more respected in the building community. And would also like to point out that I doubt you have a 4k rig unless your running some sort of server for a game, or 8 monitors to support your WoW addiction (likely also paid for on Daddy's card).

To answer the OP's question though, from my own personal opinion i've owned both consoles. First I had the Xbox 360, and my lord did I play the crap out of it.
Sure the online cost's money, but if you cant afford 50 bucks for an entire year of heavy gaming then you should not be gaming at all.
To be honest, alot of the games on the Xbox I ended up getting for the PC because of better graphics and overall better control I had over them. People always bring in the exclusive arguments being Halo as well as Gears. Lets quickly get through the nonsense here which boils down to the more recent Halo games. No, no matter what people say, they are not the greatest FPS's out there. They are rather dull, repetitive, and dry. Halo 1 was absolutely epic, hence why they are taking the time to remake it. Halo 2 was decent, but began the slow downfall into what the game is now. Gears of War being the second topic, great story, miserable choppy controls. Graphics are a nice touch, and it was innovative in its own way, but considering how quick I move in my first person shooters, that game is just too slow imo requiring extra time to aim, and very offbeat sprinting. Xbox 360 has a great line of games though, the dashboard is nice, and I have to agree that the controller is one of the most well thought out layouts.

PS3 I currently still own. I purchased it used for 180 as a 80gb backwards compatible console with 2 controllers (pretty much what you should look to get if you get one of these, at around the same price). This console also has its set of exclusives such as the Uncharted series, Final Fantasy Quadmillionologyinfinitetilltheydryouttheseries series, Gran Turismo 5, and Heavy Rain. Both consoles have good exclusives and bad exclusives (my reason for pointing out these awesome ones is to chop down the argument that there are better games on the Xbox 360 as both have their own set of amazing games). The online play is free which is great, and for anyone claiming that the 360's online capability is greatly enhanced over the PS3 network, you have clearly never owned a PS3 because I have never had lag nor dropped a game. Both systems sport a great online store overall, and have nice dashboards though the PS3 dashboard is somewhat more about user customization [my background currently moves with a leprechaun drinking a beer and flipping a coin]. The controller is not as good, but it is bluetooth, meaning it has longer reach than the xbox controller. The graphics are minorly better on the ps3 over the 360, though nether come close to a PC.

I would personally wait if your going to buy, but if you must buy, test each out and go from there. There is no point to asking a forum as it only begins a console war, full of insolent retards who want to think their system is cooler than the other person. Both are cool, and both suck in comparison to a great Rig. Just my 2c.

hafx, based on what you said about gears and halo says that your a cod fan boy (maybe i picked up on something wrong). im not trying to be mean, but both (gears and halo) are very good games and i think your being to hard on them. also, ive been playing 360 for 2 years now and i at first had a burning passion for call of duty but now it seems dulled out and other than cod what should you go to on a ps3 in the first person shooter genre? beside from battle field bad company 2 i would assume that not many people play the fps's that came out for ps3 only. (im blanking on the names of them) further more when you say "choppy controls" i would prefer you explain because if you dont i just assume you mean their not exactly like cod and you hate them for that. Lastly the xbox has a better community, i say this because their are more people on older games. ie if i wanted to hop on call of duty 4 for old time sake i would see that their are still some people playing it and i can eventually find a match. anyway, im not trying to start any fights. their are enough counsel flame wars on the web now. we dont need another one started because of me.

EDIT: I know that battlefield is out for the xbox to.

issed my entire point Xbox user! But no offense is taken.

To clear things up, no, I am not a CoD fanboy. My primary shooters are Arma II [Realistic], L4D2, Battlefield II (Battlefield III soon enough which will be the best shooter of the year), and yes I do play COD MW2 Only. Black Ops I will openly voice sucks as a game, and I have MW1 or as its called COD4 for the PS3, but that is from back in the day. What I will add though, is when you say you have a better experience online, you clearly have no idea about PS3. Just to debunk your previous statement I logged onto my PSN and tried the game online, go figure it found a game instantly and worked right away.. And as to the people on PSN, I have met at least 15-20 mature, fun to play with individuals... so none of that "P2P for Xbox Online" jazz is really valid.

To get into more detail on Halo, if you had said "oh Halo 1 or Halo 2 was a fantastic, innovative, enthralling, and generally entertaining game", I would have agreed. But you are including Halo 3, Halo Reach, And Halo ODST into the mix, none of which were particularly innovative, enthralling, or non-linear. To me those games are dull through and through now and the online play consists of repetitive jump shooting, and little kids who deem it necessary to scream things like "balls or cock" into their mics.

Pertaining to Gears of War, I'm not sure how you do not believe the controls are choppy so I'd love if you could elaborate. The aiming is like trying to direct an Ocean Liner to shoot a speckle of dust, and the sprinting (while neat at first) only directs you in a strait line with no practical "jukes" or "dodges" (yes i know he can battle roll like a panda bear trying to do a somersault). Basically like I previously mentioned, I love the story line of the game, its fantastic, and the graphics as well as the grenades are fun, but overall the game "imo" is not controlled well and not all its hyped up to be.

And to end my post, I'd like to again mention that I am not a "fanboy" of either the PS3 or the Xbox 360, my post was a general review based on my use of both systems. And as previously mentioned to the OP, both systems have good and bad qualities but neither have a single quality that would make me choose them over using that money for my rig.

what i say about the ps3 is simply taken from the wide variety of youtubers out their who have been doing this for years and for some reason all play xbox. but im not going to base my argument off that. and actually, if you go into a game right away, i garentee you have an open nat type. for someone with a strict type i would assume it be very challenging to re live their cod4 experience. blackops is the least frustrating and rewarding of all the call of dutys. the gun balance sucks. i hate the game nowa days to. the halo comments, ive never played halo1 nor 2 so i couldnt tell you. but halo3 was always soo fun. odst i dont really count seeing as it was just sent out to get all the kids to go drop an extra 60 in the same game. but yes, reach is a pos. gears of war is supposed to be setting itself aside with its aiming system and tbh i cant think of a better 3rd person shooter who did it better than them.

waiiiiit!!!!
40 year old , married???!!!!
WTF!!!!!
im 16 years old with a $4000 computer!
are you implying i cannot be a PC gamer!

And aside from that PS3 Netflix isnt garbage its perfect, i use it everyday to watch videos.
i dont see the difference between the two.

Ignorance like you don't deserve to even talk on these forums. Go learn some real life experience before saying such nonsense. Pathetic....

Ignorance like you don't deserve to even talk on these forums. Go learn some real life experience before saying such nonsense. Pathetic....

Hence my previous comment to him :) But well pointed out.

what i say about the ps3 is simply taken from the wide variety of youtubers out their who have been doing this for years and for some reason all play xbox. but im not going to base my argument off that. and actually, if you go into a game right away, i garentee you have an open nat type. for someone with a strict type i would assume it be very challenging to re live their cod4 experience. blackops is the least frustrating and rewarding of all the call of dutys. the gun balance sucks. i hate the game nowa days to. the halo comments, ive never played halo1 nor 2 so i couldnt tell you. but halo3 was always soo fun. odst i dont really count seeing as it was just sent out to get all the kids to go drop an extra 60 in the same game. but yes, reach is a pos. gears of war is supposed to be setting itself aside with its aiming system and tbh i cant think of a better 3rd person shooter who did it better than them.

So basically what your saying is you have 0 idea about the PS3, have never owned one, and simply decide that because you have an Xbox 360 its better than the latter? This seems kinda biased?

As to my nat type, yeah I have an open nat type. Why would I not have an open one, i don't plan to merely play these games alone online do I?

Black Ops is a pathetic excuse for a Call of Duty game, the maps are hardly balanced, the guns are way off balance in the sense that there are a primary two that everyone uses because the others are all weak, the graphics are a step down, the gameplay mechanics were weak, and they had issues from day one with quad core or above PC's... so how that is the most rewarding makes 0 sense to me.

In reference to Halo, if you haven't played Halo 1 or 2 then you truly have no right to comment on Halo at all. Halo 3 was decent at best in comparison to its predecessors. Though I do believe your right on par with the fact that ODST only released to get a bunch of kids to spend another $60 on a "Halo" branded game.

And yes, Gears did set itself into its own niche, I did not deny that but between clunky controls and slow mediocre game play I do not believe it lives up to some of the better 3rd person shooters. In terms of third person shooters and gears being the best, you should expand your reach little Xbox fan. I can tell you games like the Dead Space series, the Splinter Cell series, and the Hitman series all are right up to par with less of clunky controls than Gears has and Dead Space and Splinter with a better story to boot. But then to say that Gears even stacks up to 3rd person shooting games such as the Uncharted Series, Mass Effect Series, or of all things the Resident Evil Series (which modernized and has released what, 7 3rd person genre games? All of which were highly rated and worldwide played games)...is just plain silly.

You can enjoy it all you want, but don't post it up as the holy grail like every other Xbox fanboy to try and get the OP to buy the console cause there are much better things out there than that hunk of junk.

i have absolutely no problem with any of the statements above accept for the fact you told me i was trying to get him to buy it. i was simply stating the facts i thought i knew. and no. i play games for online so i dont touch dead space or mass effect or even resident evil. and yes. i do know things about ps3. like they arnt compatible with half the headsets out their. they need an expensive hdmi cord to play in hd (at least im pretty sure). Another thing, i assure you im not a fanboy of the 360, i own a 360. my friend has a ps3 and from my playing of it the controllers made for a 3 year olds hands although, the sticks on the ps3 have a smaller dead zone in the movement. although the ps3 does have a very nice blue ray player along with many other features im sure, but i dont own one. my final statement on this thread is that xbox imho, is for serious gamers. but on the other hand, ps3 is for the people who want that blue ray player. they couldn't care less about halo 3 and gears. they want the blue ray instead. witch i respect. now to end this all, i dont need you saying "serious gamers play on the ps3! look at mlg!@!@" xbox didnt buy out mlg, but im sure their are some very hardcore gamers on ps3. all of this is my opinion and this guy hasnt replied to any of this. so please, dont go and prove me wrong. let me think what i want. k thanks. (and please. im not here to offend you. dont take anything i say like that) btw, (@hafx) ive got that money in my dads paypal and am ready to buy my rig :)

Ahh nice dude, make a thread and post up the pictures when you begin the build. :)

And I was not aiming to offend, just telling the facts how they are. Far as i'm concerned if you need to run off an Xbox 360 or a PS3 for your core gaming, your not a serious gamer either way. Rig gamers are the only "true" heavy gamers.

Speaking of which (everyone) needs to check out steam sales, all the summer sales have begun and they are looking hott!

I think its worth it..youcould then, when microsoft releases the new one, sell the xbox 360 and use the money to get the next-generation one

Back
Top Bottom