Remote desktop into vps = HIGH upload?

krone6

In Runtime
Can someone explain why it takes well over 1mbps to remote into an ubuntu vps using remote desktop connecting (still working on getting vnc to work) yet using it to remote into a server directly or teamviewer uses very little? It's so high the person literally waits for the server to refresh. I am using vmware and have vmware tools installed, didn't help.

And if anyone knows how to get vnc to work on ubuntu 10.04 in vmware with vmware tools installed on port 5900 that'd be cool too, but that's just a side part of this question.

Teamviewer goes over port 80 and uses way less resources than a VPS service. You can install wine and teamviewer via wine on ubuntu. Just a suggestion.

I hope you know i'm talking about me running vmware on my own server and having people remote into the vps itself which is taking up all of my bandwidth. Would having teamviewer in the vps to handle remote connections take up less bandwidth? If i remote in my servers directly any other way it's fine, way under 100kbps...

I believe having teamview in the vps to handle remote connections would take up way less bandwidth.

Back
Top Bottom