How often do you repair computer?

J4mmy

Baseband Member
Just a simple question, how often do you do that? I've been working on few projects and just finished fixing my friends laptop as of today, well not really fixing i just reinstalled Windows 7 to it but whatever. I like playing with computer parts and compiling them into builds and such for friends because i like it and i wont charge them a dime for it.

That's how i gain some experience and that will surely benefit me in the future.

I repair/service computers professionally. So to answer your question, I do it every day. You stated in your post that you didn't "really" fix it because you just reinstalled windows 7. Actually, that is fixing it. 90% of the PCs that I service are due to some sort of software/data issue. Usually, a virus or Windows issues that were probably caused by a virus. So while there is nothing physically wrong with any PC component, my clients are content that I "fixed" it. Six and 1/2 Dozen of the other I suppose.

I have seven laptops in my home plus a few desktops... I end up fixing a computer every other week, it seems.

Of course, I've been repairing my laptop more or less continually for the past two months...
argh.gif

I do odd jobs at my college for people and they pay what they can. I do like doing these jobs because sometimes they can be fun and challenging but I still don't do it for free since I have class work and a schedule to maintain and things I need to buy. People sure are grateful when their computer breaks a few days before a final is due and they assume that it is lost forever and I manage to get all the files back for them on their now working computer

Back
Top Bottom