Advanced ways to speed up laptop?

cg2916

Beta member
I have an Acer Aspire 5750-6677. Here are the specs:

Intel Sandy Bridge i3 2.1 GHz CPU
Intel HD Graphics 3000, 1760 memory
4GB DDR3 RAM

I am unhappy with the fact that I only have 2.1 GHz because my CPU odel doesn't Turbo Boost. Are there any free, advanced ways to speed me up?

I already do cleanup, defrag, all that stuff. I've already cleaned up the registry. I mean more advanced things, like overclocking, although my PC won't overclock.

I do not reccommend overclocking a laptop. They have overheating problems as is, if you overclock you'll have a higher chance at overheating, which is never good. That's just my opinion. Nice laptop though, it looks pretty new with ddr3 ram.

Side note, i have heard of putting desktop cpu's in your laptop but i have never done it or looked into it much, something you could look into.

You might be able to upgrade your processor... but like krone6 said, laptops aren't very good OC candidates without making them less-than-portable.

I have an Acer Aspire 5750-6677. Here are the specs:

Intel Sandy Bridge i3 2.1 GHz CPU
Intel HD Graphics 3000, 1760 memory
4GB DDR3 RAM

I am unhappy with the fact that I only have 2.1 GHz because my CPU odel doesn't Turbo Boost. Are there any free, advanced ways to speed me up?

I already do cleanup, defrag, all that stuff. I've already cleaned up the registry. I mean more advanced things, like overclocking, although my PC won't overclock.

Agreeing with others who have commented, you should not overclock a laptop...the motherboard is probably locked anyways. Have you set the page file? Disabled search indexing? Turned aero/peek/fancy GUI things off? I mean, there's really not going to be much you can do. What EXACTLY is so slow about it? My experience with i3's in laptops have, overall, been quite good. While it's no workhorse, it's done fine with many things I've used it for. Heck, my laptop is still running on a P8600 in my laptop (Core2Duo), and it's still chugging along. I use lots of Adobe software on it. Sure, it's not even close to as quick as my new rig in my sig will be when I get it setup, but it gets the job done.

I have an ancient lappy with windows 7 on my computer.. It runs pretty fine as long as i take very good care of it software wise. With your system, you could take even less care and still outperform mine.

Another one of my .02 .... It's a lame toshiba piece of junk...

Back
Top Bottom