Random Chit Chat

You had said "very first case I ever bought" so I jokingly implied you had stolen all the ones before. ;p Post specs/pics in hw and link it here plox. I work long hours 6 days a week so skimming on the forums is difficult. [/whining]

Eh, I'm too lazy to take pictures of the internals. It's more or less the same as before. I will post benches and stuff later after I install all my games and clean/defrag. It takes me about 8 hours to do this... Why did I buy so many Steam games?

I should start transferring my old PC parts to my very first case I have bought. Then when tomorrow comes, I will be ready to put my new PC parts into my current case.

Ugh. This is what I have to do for my parent's computer I'm upgrading with my parts. My old Raidmax Smilodon case doesn't allow the PSU to be removed without first removing my board. Mostly because I have the HDT-S1283 on there. I had to completely tear apart my most recent desktop that I was using in order to get the PSU out for my new build I just did. So right now I'm going to "bench build" my parent's, then make sure everything's tip top before I swap the OCZ PSU from their current case/build, put it in my OLD Raidmax case, and put everything back in there. GOSH DANG. This is why I will now only buy full towers for my family for the rest of my life. Goodness. I cannot stand tearing things apart that are working perfectly every time I just need to swap parts. Haha.

I can't justify buying a new case for my rig now but it is getting real beat up from 4 years of moving from different houses and being in back of moving trucks where huge china hutches and tables are not tied down and free to move about banging into all my stuff so now it has dents in the back that cause my wireless card and video card to not be able to be screwed in anymore so they sometimes come loose. I'll likely just wait until I find need for a new computer and do that.

Does anyone here ever just move their parts from their current pc into a new case when not building a new pc? I mean just replacing their case for one reason or another

Ugh. This is what I have to do for my parent's computer I'm upgrading with my parts. My old Raidmax Smilodon case doesn't allow the PSU to be removed without first removing my board. Mostly because I have the HDT-S1283 on there. I had to completely tear apart my most recent desktop that I was using in order to get the PSU out for my new build I just did. So right now I'm going to "bench build" my parent's, then make sure everything's tip top before I swap the OCZ PSU from their current case/build, put it in my OLD Raidmax case, and put everything back in there. GOSH DANG. This is why I will now only buy full towers for my family for the rest of my life. Goodness. I cannot stand tearing things apart that are working perfectly every time I just need to swap parts. Haha.

Yeah, that's one thing that usually prevents me from working on some PC with big CPU HSF. Makes it so hard to take apart one certain part. This is one reason why I have to get a case where I mount the PSU on the bottom.

Does anyone here ever just move their parts from their current pc into a new case when not building a new pc? I mean just replacing their case for one reason or another

I did it quite a lot back then. I either changed because I found a case that was either cooler, better cable management, better airflow, or all the above.

I still haven't benched my PC yet. Still in the process of restoring all my programs and games. I noticed my computer is a bit slower when doing HDD intensive things. I'm wondering if this is normal. I never experienced this when I was on my old PC. The differences so far are CPU, RAM, mobo, and OS (changed from 32 bit to 64 bit). My PC runs perfectly when not doing anything CPU intensive. Gonna try running some HDD tests tonight.

When was the last time your PC smelled like something was burning?

Mine was about an year and half ago.. And now I have cleaned my pc so there isn't hair and dust lodged in all the time..

Aww.. I always thought my PC was going to explode or something. But no fire, fortunately.
Just some dust there..

Back
Top Bottom