I love 'fashion' people.

personally id rather find out about someones personality before i judge them but that's just me . and then if i decide someones a jerk they are a jerk regardless of what they wear
Everyone has a right to express themselves be that through their clothing style or their music taste or their hobbies ,who are you to judge them for this

I was not making fun of his style

i was merely stating that the superficial mind that believes appearance matters deserves to be mocked.

appearance does matter though
for example if i went to the doctor with a serious health complaint and the doctor was wearing a clown suit that wouldn't exactly instill confidence in me would it .

and appearance is very important to some people , who are you to judge his belief that appearance matters . as far as i can see his belief isn't doing you any harm he is wearing cloths he thinks are nice whats your issue with that ? he might not like computers and people who spend all their time trying to get that extra mhz of an overclock or spend all their waking hrs sat in front of a computer playing video games and so believes you deserved to be mocked for that . How would you like that ?

i wouldn't do that though because i believe in tolerance and that everybody should be allowed to express themselves in whatever way they want, like some of my friends make choices with regards to fashion hobbies music etc that i personally not like and i make choices with regards to fashion music hobbies etc that some of my friends might not particularly like we still all get along

Bit of a tangent, but I've got nothing against people's interests, however weird they may seem to me initially (fashion to me just isn't logical and I really, really don't get it.) But hey, if you're into that sort of thing that's fine by me, just don't expect me to join in or show any interest! Same as I wouldn't expect any random guy I meet to necessarily show an interest in programming or electronics.

What does annoy me though is when such people start telling me what I should be wearing and why this doesn't match and that looks crap and that's just been criminal since the 80's! And granted, it's not all of them but I've found far more people that do this with fashion than people into computers that say "wow, your PC is like 5 years old and not even overclocked and wow you haven't run windows update in a year?! You're sooo thick!" Wear what weird, wacky and wonderful stuff you like and I won't complain. Start trying to enforce that on me however and I will not be happy.

Back
Top Bottom