Build list any recomendations?

Get a Corsair Enthusiast Series PSU, they have a 750w and its quality products unlike that cheapo Antec. (You never want to cheap out on the PSU, its worth the extra money to not fry your parts).
And if your going to waste that money on the Hyper pipe, just get the Corsair H50 Water Cooling system, its around the same price, will keep your cpu cooler, and makes 0 (literally) noise.

Get a Corsair Enthusiast Series PSU, they have a 750w and its quality products unlike that cheapo Antec. (You never want to cheap out on the PSU, its worth the extra money to not fry your parts).
And if your going to waste that money on the Hyper pipe, just get the Corsair H50 Water Cooling system, its around the same price, will keep your cpu cooler, and makes 0 (literally) noise.

Heh! There is nothing "Cheepo" about Antec power supplies. I've seen many of them them run for years unattended in servers. They make a quality product.

Heh! There is nothing "Cheepo" about Antec power supplies. I've seen many of them them run for years unattended in servers. They make a quality product.

Oh yes, they crush Corsair by a long shot, damn I should have gone with a highly reputable brand like Antec for my power supply :eek: ! Hence why when you search "Antec Power Supply Issues" on google, the list goes on and on....

Was merely turning the OP to a quality, high end, reputable power supply for his goodies, but by all means go Antec and I apologize for my opinion sir lol

Really? I added it as a combo with he case, and its semi modular. Which one would you recommend from new egg around that price range?

Hmm I really don't wanna mess with water cooling since it need maintenance as opposed with air.

So you say the one I choose is good? Would 750W be enough if I wanna SLI a second card?

A good 750w. Power supply will work for 2 video cards most of the time.

If you want a better (by my standard at least) psu for that price look into this...
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Its a 650w. which will support everything you have at the moment, is crossfire ready, and even has a 12v rail so you should be all set with that. But of course its upto you.

And B) The Corsair H50 needs 0 maintenance. It is a closer water cooling system, meaning when you open the box you have the pump (which would go where the fan is) which is already connected to the tubing, which runs to the radiator which you screw on top of your fan on the back of the case. You never need to refill it, it is closed so you dont have to worry about leaks, and it works like a charm. Ill see if I can post a pic of my system so you can see the look of it in a second.

scaled.php

If you look at the image of my pc, you'll see that the Corsair water systems have no external items outside of the closed loop. Very easy to install. And I can tell you my CPU runs at a nice cool 31c in my 75deg room.

Ohhh I see what you're saying, why do you think the one I choose is cheap?

Oh how much is water cooling at newegg? for the fan you would have to mount it on the back I suppose?

Oh it doesn't list LGA 1155 for the Corsair H50 :\

I guess it not compatible with sandy bridge CPU's?

[...]So you say the one I choose is good? Would 750W be enough if I wanna SLI a second card?

Yes, 750 watts should leave you extra power capacity for later on. I'm running a 3GHz quad core CPU, 8GB RAM, Blu ray drive, three 1TB hard disk drives, and a couple ATI video display adapters in crossfire on 750 watts without any problems.

Oh yes, they crush Corsair by a long shot, damn I should have gone with a highly reputable brand like Antec for my power supply :eek: ! Hence why when you search "Antec Power Supply Issues" on google, the list goes on and on....

Was merely turning the OP to a quality, high end, reputable power supply for his goodies, but by all means go Antec and I apologize for my opinion sir lol

What are you talking about? Crush? I'm talking about computers, not acts of violence!

Now, don't get me wrong. Both Antec and Corsair make good power supplies. The 750 watt Antec the OP pointed out is good quality and considerably less expensive than the 750 watt Corsair you linked. I just took offense when you called Antec a "Cheapo" power supply. The are very robust! You can't go wrong with an Antec power supply!

I have seen many Antec power supplys in service over the last couple decades. How many do you have experience with?

Incidentally, my I run PC power and cooling power supplies in my computers. Although, my second choice would be Antec.

I've run an Antec Basiq BP500u and a friend has run his EA-500D both of these power supplies died within the year, his in less than 7 months. I do not mean to offend though, merely pointing out that if you wanted to go higher end with a lesser chance of a dead product in a shorter time span I would "look" into Corsair.

The H50 on newegg is 99.99 but it is easier to grab it off ebay. I got my H70 for 69.99 off there brand new.
And it should work with all intel chipsets, they include both amd as well as intel backplates. I would do more research on it, but i'm near positive it should fit your setup.

Back
Top Bottom