Computer doesn't turn on, power lights blink, could it be the power plug?

TheNerdal

In Runtime
So this laptop that I got doesn't turn on. Yes, I tried it without the battery and still nothing. It gives me a blinking power light and turns itself on then back off and so on. Could it be the power plug?

Don't plug it into the power adapter and let it do the restart loop until the battery is dead. Then put it back to the power adapter, let it load up the power to the fullest and try starting the laptop up. What's the make and model of your laptop?

Wierd thing happened...it turned on and went to the windows vista loading screen, but turned itself back off..

Same thing happens when I put the power adapter in...Could it be a virus?

Sounds like bad power or an overheating component. Dust the fan assembly out as best as you can (quick SHORT bursts of air from a compressed air can are best, don't let the fan spin up too fast or you'll fry the bearings) - also listen for the fan. Does it spin on at all when you turn the system on? It should. If it doesn't, consider getting that looked at if you can't fix it yourself.

Bad Power could also be the cause of the system startup issues, or it could be a fried motherboard. Was the system working normally recently? How long has it had this issue?

Back
Top Bottom