DV9000 damaged motherboard but also possible damaged screen.

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
I have a dv9000 . the screen lights up however i do not get a display. i hooked it up to an external monitor and i get an image however the image is messed up and different colours. i know i need to replace the motherboard or do a reflow although my question is ...

if im getting some sort of display on the external monitor, should i be getting something on the laptop one ? if so i could also have a broken screen to deal with. is it possible that i can get a bad display on an external monitor but nothing on the laptop due to a faulty chip ? or should i get a display on the laptop if im getting a display on the external ?

I dont want to have changed the motherboard to find out that the screen is also damaged. for the price to fix both would near enough be the cost of a new laptop. i dont mind replacing the motherboard but i dont want to replace both. is there any way that i can test the monitor on the laptop to see if it works ?#

I am sorry arsenalbates, but I think your motherboard/graphics card is fried. The laptop had a huge issue of cooling. HP even had a recall for it. I think by the time you put in all the effort to getting it fix, it would be better off if you just bought a new laptop. Just don't go cheap. That is just my 2 cents.

if hp had a recall id make sure the screen is not cracked and if it is fix it 1st then send it in to them to be fixed for free just make sure yours falls under the recall before you go fixing anything lol

is it still possible to get it fixed under that recall now ? if so how would i go about doing it ?

Also What could i do to prevent this happening again if i order a new motherbaord.

I don't think you can go back under the recall. That laptop is old and only gave like a two year window. Also the laptop just had a poor cooling design.

from what ive gathered on google it was a recall and there was no end date to it I would call hp and ask about it tell them you seen the recall on the internet and id really push them to repair it. never hurts to try

Back
Top Bottom