saving text messages to disc

mellieg11

Beta member
Please please help

I am a complete idiot and have no idea how to do this probably simple task.. I have samsung pc studio and have 100's of text messages that i need desperately saved to disk as i have no printer (this would be the easy option).

I have them all on my pc using windows 7. I have tried to copy and paste them onto a word document and it wont let me , it just wont give me the pasting option at all.

Would someone please explain to me how to do this, i have to have them done by wednesday next week,

any help would be much appriciated

melanie

if your microsoft office word is not registred it wont let you paste or allmost anything.
when you are starting microsoft office word does it then tell you to enter a code or something like registering.

if not it must be a different problem.
are you able to paste it into another kind of program? like notepad? try notepad and tell me if that works. you can also use notepad instead of word in this case.

Hi thanks for your quick reply, yes i had to enter a code to get a free trial, ive only had the laptop for a week so still under the trial time. I can copy and paste my msn messages onto word just not the texts. I have just tried notepad too, thanks for that but it still wont do it. the paste option just isnt highlighted like before.

any more sugesstions i can try lol
thanks again

melanie

those text you are talking about, what program is that in.
if you can copy msn message into word then it must be a problem with the source.
i see you use a paste button to do the job. there are shutcuts, try using "control + c" to copy and "control + v" to paste.

hi yep tired the shortcuts too, your right must be the samsung pc studio im using.. i even tried to do a print screen and it wouldnt let me paste on that either. i will have to find someone with a printer i can use, will it be easy to just take my laptop to a print shop or something will they let me conect my laptop to a printer?

i really appriciate you helping me out lol

melanie

no problem ^^
your problem really seems weird.
you might have to find a printer some how.

i dont know that samsung program you are using, but is'nt there i way you can export the text to another file format. is'en there some kind of "export" or "save as" feture?

I've never seem to have heard about this before being ableto burn texts to disc, but one thing you could if there is a option is to export each text or copy n paste each text if that makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom