Gallery: Cases

I sort of prefer your case to the TJ07. Better layout for cooling, cable management, and of course native iATX. But the TJ07 has amazen aesthetics - I just wish they'd make the mid plate with better cm holes (behind the tray).

Yeah, TF07s are very pretty.

I was going to move to mATX, but I think I'm just gonna stick with my Black Pearl. The biggest things that need sleeving are the front panel cables, fan cables, and extensions.

Welp. Here it is!

IMG_1992copy.jpg

IMG_1997copy.jpg

IMG_2010copy.jpg

IMG_2003copy.jpg

IMG_2035copy.jpg

IMG_2019copy.jpg

IMG_2017copy.jpg

Haha. Too much maintenance for a business rig. Maybe next time I make lots and lots of "bank."

I'll probably get a CPU 8 pin extender (I assume they make them). That was the one PSU run that was not long enough. That way I can close that divider back up between the lower and upper chamber. This was obviously mid-build, as I don't have those updated full case pictures up. I didn't even take one of it fully completed as it was soooo late when I got done. The cable management on this case is quite good. Would have maybe liked to see a little more room behind the motherboard, as it took some patience to get the wires tied up tight enough to not be squashed. But, there's no window so a few that are showing won't hurt. The main ones are out of the way for good airflow. I'll probably pick up two 140mm for the front so they are the same. But that can happen way down the road because I'll have to rig up my fan controller again by splicing that top 180mm into the on/off switches so I can control both front 140's independently. That's what sucks about a 4 pot, 2 switch fan controller...haha. It was only $30 though, so it'll do for now.

Yeah. If you look at the post in hardware that I updated, the third SSD seen in the picture has been yanked to go in the 'rents rig as I couldn't get IRST to work properly with the RAID1 1TB drives.

That does seem quite genius. Less sh!t to break/fail. I might look into that in a few weeks when I get the cash supply built back up. Haha. The only thing I had about almost all fan controllers, though, is that I have to inset them into the case since they don't sit flush with cases that have doors :( ...it's either inset them or your door won't shut. Boo.

Back
Top Bottom