Lexmark Ink cartridges have no date why.

Huskypud

Beta member
Here is something we never think about until we buy a printer, then when we go to buy new ink cartrides we find that there is no way to tell how long it has been setting around. I have asked this question to the main office of who I work for and there answer will shock you . The ink dose not need a date it is good until it is opened. So if it is setting around for 4 years it is still good and not dryed out until I open it.
When you go to buy ink for HP you will see a date on the back of the package this date stands for the time the warranty will replace it if it is bad but after thet date you are on your own. Other printer have codes on there ink. But lexmark has nothing to tell if it is good or bad.
Now most of us do not know about the extra chip that is being placed in the ink cartridage,it is for one reason if the printer is not used much you do not have ink running out of the cartridge. That is still one of those ideas that not many know about. I have even sent an email to Lexmark with no answer. So dose any one know why all other ink cartridges have dates or codes but Lexmark has nothing.

You will probably find the answer if you read the warranty information really carefully. Perhaps Lexmark has a really good warranty on their ink cartridges (or a really crappy one). The whole date on the package thing sounds like a loophole to get out of honoring the warranty anyway.

There is no warranty on Lexmark ink all that is on there package is that the cartridge should not be refulled.

Well, I guess it makes sense. If you keep some water in an watertight container, then it wont magically escape...

I suppose the ink could chemically decompose... but that's probably un-likely.

Maybe they ran out of printer ink...? ;)

Well, I guess it makes sense. If you keep some water in an watertight container, then it wont magically escape...

I suppose the ink could chemically decompose... but that's probably un-likely.

Maybe they ran out of printer ink...? ;)
Not really true imo. Ink in a high humidity place can have problems. Some companies have stored all of their ink in a warehouse over the summer and when they go to use it the ink causes all sorts of problem. You need to store your ink in places the same you would servers, keeping the moisture levels controlled so they don't get out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom