How to Copy a Driver onto a cd

Just to let you know, before I start to copy the file it says ''confirm stream loss''

the file ''delldriverdownloadmanager.application' has extra information attacthed to it that might be lost if you continue copying''

Iv attached a Image (sample) of what the file looks like after I transfer the file to the laptop, On my pc the Driver file has the proper logo, but after I put the cd into the other pc the logo looks like this.

Sample.jpg

hope this will give you a good indication of the problem.

Try downloading the file again, click on the link then on the download button, when the pop up appears choose to download with your browser. You should end up with a file named R66639.EXE

Then try burning it to a CD.

It does not give me an option to open up with my browser

here is what it looks like when the Box pops up.

downloadbox.jpg

no, the name of the file is

DellDriverDownloadManager.application

thats all it says

you know, on the link page it says 660 KB for this driver, but when I hover my mouse over the file on my desktop it says 9.26 KB

Can you run the DellDriverDownloadManager and subsequently download the appropriate driver? If not, try renaming the file extension from .application to .exe... might work??

Edit: That is seriously odd that you're getting the Dell Driver Download Manager as both Chipeater and myself are both just getting the R66639.EXE file... possibly try on a different computer if you have access?

ok, I changed the extension to .exe and when I put the cd into the other pc it opens up as a dos file and wont let me do anything else, gives me a buch of error messages

Now, if I run the manager and download the drivers on MY pc, will that screw up my internet connection, becuase im replying to you on a Dell desktop, whole different model.

You want to run the Download Manager from your PC and get the appropriate driver. It shouldn't (I say shouldn't because I don't know how the DellDriverDownloadManager works) automatically install the driver when you download it. It should get the standalone driver and even if it does run it after setup, it's only a self-extracting .exe file so it will only extract the actual drivers to a location specified on your C: drive.

Here, if that doesn't work, I'll download the driver, change the file extension from .exe to .txt and then email it to you if that works. When you get it, just change the file extension back to .exe and run it on your friends computer and that will put an end to this whole DellDriverCrapWareManager fiasco :D

Edit: I'm not going to send you a virus, but out of good habit, you should scan it anyway with AV software as you should always scan .anything files received through email.

ok, ill try to run the DellDriverManager :) tommorow, and if that does not work then ill contact you and give you my email address,

Thanks

ok, here is the situation, I went ahead and got on a DIFFERENT pc and I tried to download the file from the link you provided, when I clicked on download it gave me two options, one of them was to save the file from ''my Browser'', (firefox) after I saved the file on my desktop it was named R66639.EXE

However,there is a problem with the cd-rom drive with that pc,so I cant use that pc. So all I need to know Is why isnt my broswer not given me the option to save the file from ''my browser'', maybe there is a setting or a checkmark thats blank, I think once I figure that out I should be all set. Im using Firefox 5.0

Back
Top Bottom