How about this one ? Power but nothing on screen laptop.

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Hi all. another question for you. I have a laptop that has nothing come up on the display at all but the power lights are on. apart from the simple things such as looking to see if the inverter or screen has broken, what else should i look out for that could cause this ?

Is there any unusual bleeping or anything that wasnt there before? Have you tried to hook the laptop up to a monitor or something? See if it works on that? Make sure the output is set to the external monitor too (Use the function shortcut on the keyboard if you can see the desktop on the laptop)

These are more troubleshooting methods, not solutions, though if it works on a monitor, you can probably say the Graphics card is ok.

I have tested on another monitor and I get the booting sign with pink and purple lines going down the screen. im guessing that the motherboard needs replacing as the graphics chip has been damaged. it was dropped.

Some laptops have intermittent graphics chip/motherboard problems. A process called Reflowing or Reballing can sometimes return graphics chips to a working state, but once the motherboard pops a cap or gets a damaged bus or circuit it's dead.

Back
Top Bottom